Staples Energy is an energy savings company that partners with local utilities and government agencies to implement direct install energy efficiency programs. We are looking for an outside sales professional to reach out to small businesses and guide owners through the process of upgrading lighting and refrigeration in their facilities. These upgrades will save them energy and money while improving safety and aesthetics. Utilizing customer incentives available through utility companies and government agencies, it is common for these upgrades to pay for themselves in less than a year through savings on energy bills. Knowledge of lighting and refrigeration is desired.
"Going green" has caught on immensely, and Staples Energy is leading the charge for more efficient and beneficial energy programs.
You will do well here if:
- You have a knack for sales
- You are driven by sales goals and achievements
- You are responsive to customers and pride yourself on follow-through
- You are detailed and adept at using a laptop, smartphone, and tablet
- You enjoy and adapt well to a fast-changing environment
- You have some knowledge about lighting
- You are neat, professional and friendly
To encourage customers to upgrade their outdated, inefficient lighting and refrigeration at a reduced cost.
To educate customers on how they can save energy in their business and reduce their utility bills.
To develop your role by continuously growing, learning how to be an energy guru and helping us become a more successful company by increasing sales volume.
Daily Tasks Include:
- Skillfully introduce Staples Energy and explain the energy savings program to the customer
- Perform an energy assessment of a customer’s business according to the program guidelines
- Identify and record opportunities for saving energy and review them with the customer
- Explain the enrollment process and collect all necessary documents
- Sell the customer on the benefits of energy efficiency upgrades
- Discuss the installation process and any special accommodations the customer may need
- Ability to conduct cold calls and meet with business owners face-to-face
- Maintain a good driving record, valid driver’s license, and qualified level of vehicle insurance
- Pass all background and drug screens
- Ability to close a sale and work with a diversity of people
- Ability to generate leads through cold calls
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Work well both independently and as a member of a team
- Punctuality and flexibility to meet appointments and adapt to changing schedules
- Commitment to quality and customer satisfaction
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities
Bonus Points for:
- Experience in a sales environment, specifically the energy field
- Knowledge of the energy field including lighting and/or refrigeration
If you’re an outgoing pro and energy efficiency seems like something you would be interested in, we want to hear from you! Submit your resume and put some effort and creativity into your cover letter/email. We do read them!
Health insurance including dental and vision coverage. 401K retirement plans and life insurance options. Paid time off benefits including holidays, vacation, sick and personal time. In addition, we provide the latest technology to support top performance. We provide a vehicle, phone, and laptop. We provide training with growth and advancement opportunities.
This is a commissioned sales position.
Job Type: Full-time
Desired experience: Three years in sales is preferred, but our corporate philosophy is to hire good people and provide them with the necessary training