Staples Energy is an energy savings company that partners with local utilities and government agencies to implement direct install energy efficiency programs. "Going green" has caught on immensely, and we're planning on leading the change for more efficient and beneficial energy programs.
We are seeking an Accounting Assistant to perform daily accounting tasks that will support our financial team.
The Accounting Assistant will keep financial records, prepare reports, and update financial information. The Accountant Assistant must be familiar with accounting procedures and should have experience with accounting software programs. The ideal candidate will be able to process business transactions, handle accounts payable and receivable, expense reports, receipts, and other financial matters. Proven accounting experience required.
- Reconcile invoices and identify discrepancies
- Create and update expense reports
- Process reimbursement forms
- Prepare bank deposits
- Enter financial transactions into internal databases
- Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.
- Maintain digital and physical financial records
- Issue invoices to customers and external partners, as needed
- Review and file payroll documents
- Operate 10-key calculators, typewriters, and copy machines to perform calculations and produce documents.
- Participate in quarterly and annual audits
Requirements and Qualifications
- BSc/Ba in Accounting, Finance, Business with an emphasis in Accounting, or a related field.
- One to two years of proven accounting/bookkeeping experience
- Experience with QuickBooks
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting best practices, laws, standards, and state/national regulations and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong aptitude for numbers, spreadsheets, and financial reports
- Hands-on experience with MS Excel and accounting software (e.g. Sage 50/Peachtree)
- Organization skills
- Ability to handle sensitive, confidential information
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Health insurance including dental and vision coverage. 401(K) retirement plans and life insurance options. Paid time off including holidays, vacation, sick and personal time. In addition, we provide training with growth and advancement opportunities and the latest technology to support top performance.