Skilled Construction Laborer
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision, 401k,
We have an immediate need for a Full-Time experienced Skilled Construction Laborer. We are looking for a responsible, motivated individual with good work history that demonstrates stability and consistency. Staples Construction Company offers great benefits such as: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K, holiday pay, vacation time, and sick time. The Corporate Office is in Ventura, CA but this position would support projects in Ventura County. Must have a minimum of 8-years of general construction industry experience.
Must submit a resume via this mean. Or, come fill out a job application at 1501 Eastman Ave., Ventura, CA 93003 Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.
A Skilled Construction Laborer will support and assist Foremen and Superintendents with on-site projects, by filling labor intensive roles in varying capabilities, including but not limited to, performing industrial cleaning, commercial light construction, material removal. Must be able to work overtime and weekends when needed.
A Laborer ensures safe operation procedures are exemplified, uses the proper tools and techniques for the project, and works to complete jobs as scheduled.
• Willingness to learn construction skills on-site.
• Capable of working with minimal oversight but willing to follow directions closely.
• Show up on time, ready to complete assigned tasks with a good attitude.
• Follow directions of Foreman/ Superintendent and confirm daily duty if necessary.
• Respect self, co-workers, managers, company, other contractors and clients at all times.
• Take care of company owned or rented equipment or property.
• Self-motivated to learn new skills and trades.
• Versatile in methods used to complete tasks.
• Assist in set up and tear down of equipment.
• Gather proper tools needed to perform the tasks being completed, and have the knowledge of these tools and their application.
• Preparation for job site construction for different trades.
• Perform setup and cleanup tasks at job site.
• Direct traffic when necessary to ensure safety of pedestrians, motorists and work crew.
• Provide labor support as needed for specialty crew.
• Overtime, Saturday and holiday work may be required.
• Organize inventory / equipment in an effective manner.
• Understand the dangers of the equipment and recognize them.
• Show awareness of spacing to complete the job effectively and efficiently.
• Attend safety meetings and follow safety policies, regulations, and procedures.
• Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Safely lift, push or pull up to 50 lbs.
• Stand and/or walk up to 75% of the time on the job.
• Squat, kneel, bend, reach, pull, walk, climb continuously for up to 8 hours a day.
• Work Saturday shifts as necessary.
• Able to effectively communicate in the business language (English)
• Minimum of 8 years of general construction experience.
• Excellent communication, organizational and listening skills.
WORKPLACE CIVILITY RULES:
• Represents the company with a positive attitude internally and externally
• Participates fully as a team member, completing all requirements assigned in a timely manner
• Treats all employees, clients, subcontractors and vendors with dignity and respect
• Works cohesively with team members and all co-workers, displaying a positive attitude through behaviors and supportive problem solving and communication skills both orally and in writing
• Acts in a professional manner at all times to maintain a positive work environment in accordance with Staples Construction's Harassment policy and Workplace Violence procedures
• Regularly required to lift, manipulate, and carry items of up to 50 pounds without assistance
• Must wear approved Personal Protective Equipment when at construction site
• Regularly required to: sit, stand, reach, walk, squat, kneel, bend
• Regularly required to repetitively use hands to: push, pull, use fingers, bend and twist wrists
• Must have the ability to see small details and at objects at a distance
• Exposed to various weather conditions including not limiting: sun, rain, and wind
Travel may be required throughout California - 15% travel. Must have the ability to report to different job sites on a daily basis.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Staples Construction Co. Inc.Why Work Here?
We provide the platform to display to the community our employee's achievements.
Staples Construction Company, Inc. is a licensed California general contracting corporation that specializes in commercial and industrial construction projects, ranging in size from small interior tenant improvements to multi-million dollar concrete tilt-up commercial office buildings and large distribution centers. Since the inception of Staples Construction Company in 1995, we have expanded our corporate headquarters in Ventura with regional offices in Bay Area, Salinas, and Sacramento. WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER www.staplesconstruction.com/
1501 Eastman AveVentura, CA