Staples Construction Company is looking for a Senior Project Superintendent superstar. An individual looking to grow to the next level of responsibility and challenge. This position will work in a cohesive team environment to meet the client and business goals. Individuals looking at filling this position should have the ambition to grow and exceed expectations consistently. Must have experience working on projects from start to finish, and ground up that are valued at $15 million at a minimum. The ideal candidate will be able to work in Northern LA County and Southern part of Ventura County.
Provide overall on-site management of construction projects. Schedule, coordinate and supervise employee and subcontractor activities. These activities include but are not limited to:
- Supervise total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule. Includes interfacing with client representatives, AE representatives, and other contractors.
- Plan, coordinate and supervise onsite functions (scheduling, engineering, material control, and may provide day-to-day direction.
- Draft and generate all project purchase requisitions, field design change requests, etc.
- Provide technical assistance, i.e., interpretation of drawings, recommending construction methods and equipment, etc., as required.
- Assist project management in implementing project procedures, working documents, standards, etc.
- Ensure all onsite personnel, including subcontractors, comply with project procedures, safety program requirements, work rules, etc. Document all violations, notify project management, recommend/implement corrective actions as required.
- Assume responsibility for productivity of subcontractors, efficient use of materials & equipment, and contractual performance of the project.
- Perform additional assignments per Management’s direction.
- Assist in resolving construction problems (lack of productivity, work interfaces, etc.) as required.
- Maintain liaison with other departments (i.e., Material Control, Purchasing, Quality Control, Engineering) to ensure all required materials, equipment, inspections, etc., support craft activities and project schedule.
- Design-Build coordination and review.
- Ownership, updating and distribution of project schedule.
- Submittals-Review for conformance, track and take ownership of ALL project submittals.
- RFI’s-generate, distribute, track and distribute requests for information.
- Help during bidding projects & issuing subcontracts.
- Post-job review & close out.
- Perform additional assignments per Supervisor/Corporate Director’s direction.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to represent the company in a professional manner
- Great communication skills – ability to communicate expectations and ensure accountability to those expectations
- A network of relationships in the Ventura County Area
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills; must be able to effectively communicate with tact and poise
- Ability to manage and mentor individuals
- Must have people skills and are flexible with different types of personalities
- Ability to coordinate with other team members and be accountable for project proposals, construction, and wrap-up
- Proven role in management
- Must have great math and analytical skills
- A sense of deadline and meeting deadline is critical
- Must be organized, disciplined and have excellent planning skills
- Must have an unrestricted driver’s license
- Ability to be insured, and continue to be insurable, by the Company's liability insurance carrier
- All licenses, certificates, and other requirements listed here are required at the time of employment and must be maintained during the course of employment unless otherwise noted
- Must have Office Suite skills, specifically Excel, Word and MS Project
- Must have worked on projects that were valued at $15 million at a minimum
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE INCLUDE:
- Four year engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and /or related experience.
- Minimum of 15 years of construction management supervision experience in commercial construction.
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, methods): contract agreements, jurisdiction, negotiations; engineering, cost control schedules and safety required.
- Excellent communication, organizational and supervisory skills essential.
- Advanced understanding of construction scheduling, cost control and ability to control and supervise large groups essential.
WORKPLACE CIVILITY RULES:
- Represents the company with a positive attitude internally and externally
- Participates fully as a team member, completing all requirements assigned in a timely manner
- Treats all employees, clients, subcontractors and vendors with dignity and respect
- Works cohesively with team members and all co-workers, displaying a positive attitude through behaviors and supportive problem solving and communication skills both orally and in writing
- Acts in a professional manner at all times to maintain a positive work environment in accordance with Staples Construction's Harassment policy and Workplace Violence procedures
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
· On occasion, may be required to lift, manipulate, and carry items of up to 20 pounds without assistance
· Will regularly be required to walk over uneven or unpaved ground to reach a work site in construction zones
·May be required to perform a variety of construction tasks in all areas and aspects of the construction project—including scaffold or platform work, confined spaces and exposure to outside elements
·Must wear approved Personal Protective Equipment
·May be required to work schedules which may include shift work, such as; day shift, swing-shift, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend shifts
· Regularly required to: sit, stand, stoop, reach overhead, walk, bend,
· Regularly required to repetitively use hands to: push, pull, use fingers, bend and twist wrists
· Must have the ability to see small details and at objects at a distance
This position is based in the Southern California Area with travel throughout Southern California – 20% travel.