CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER- JOB ORDER CONTRACTING (JOC)
Staples Construction Company, Inc. is a licensed California general contracting corporation that specializes in commercial and industrial construction projects, ranging in size from small interior tenant improvements to multi-million dollar concrete tilt-up commercial office buildings and large distribution centers. Since the inception of Staples Construction Company in 1995, we have expanded our corporate headquarters in Ventura with regional offices the Sacramento, Central Coast, and San Francisco Bay Areas.
This position will provide overall management of JOC construction projects from developing relationships, to bid preparation, project construction and through final acceptance by client. Provide leadership and coordinate full estimating services from small to large, complex work and on a variety of different contract types. Individuals looking at filling this position should have the ambition to grow and exceed expectations consistently.
REQUIRED DUTIES AND CHARACTER:
1. Provide client contact to assess scope of work and resources required to successfully complete project. Attend job walks and develop relationships to grasp the scope of work. Individuals must have people skills and are flexible with different types of personalities.
2. Possess the ability to estimate project with minimal specifications. Provide detailed review of proposal specifications, drawings, takeoff information, contracting, etc. Individual must have eGordian proposal experience. Individual must have great math and analytical skills. A sense of deadlines and meeting deadlines is critical.
3. Provide technical support to other project managers and superintendents.
4. Ensure all working documents and data are maintained to back-up estimate figures. Individuals must possess high levels of organizational skills.
5. Develop a core group of reliable and reputable subcontractors and vendors. Ensure proper due diligence of subcontractors, approval of payment and qualifications as necessary. Individuals must have great communication skills and ability to set expectations and ensure accountability to those expectations.
6. Assist contracting department during preparation of inquiries and final evaluation of submitted bids as required. Track awarded contracts as required - may include estimating/pricing extra work items, change orders, credits, procuring materials, etc.
7. Supervise total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule. Includes interfacing with client representatives, AE representatives, other contractors, etc.
8. Supervise subcontract employees and/or other contractors as required.
9. Initiate and maintain extra work estimating and issuance of change orders.
10. Assume responsibility of productivity of subcontractors, efficient use of materials & equipment, and contractual performance of the project.
11. Assist in training of personnel in designated business operations.
12. Assist in overall implementation of company objectives, including profitability, quality and schedule.
13. Monitor/control construction through administrative direction of on-site Superintendent to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget; investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures, etc.
14. Represent company in project meetings and strategy meetings, etc.
15. Manage financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, rental equipment, income/expenses, etc.) to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with Client.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
· Job Order Contracting (JOC) / Gordian experience required.
· Ability to represent the company in a professional manner
· Great communication skills – ability to communicate expectations and ensure accountability
· Have proven success in growing a line of business profitably
· Previous business line financial accountability experience
· A network of relationships in the San Francisco Bay Area
· Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to manage and mentor individuals
· Ability to coordinate with other team members and be accountable for project proposals, construction, and wrap-up
· Proven role in management
· Must be organized, disciplined and have excellent planning skills
· Computer skills are a must, Excellent excel and project management software experience.
Education and experience include: BS degree in construction management or equivalent experience. Minimum of 5-10 years project management, estimating, and/or subcontractor supervision experience in a general construction company desired. Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, methods); subcontractor agreements, jurisdiction, negotiations; engineering, estimating, schedules and safety required. Excellent communication, organizational and supervisory skills essential.
This position is normally one of independent project supervision from the initial bid to final completion of project. Position has direct profit and loss responsibility. This position is based in the Bay Area with travel throughout California. Expected travel 10%.
Include Resume, References and Salary Requirements / History with your application.