The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future- join us!
Your role is to work with some general guidance and direction from a Senior Designer or Architect as needed. You will be developing architectural and interior design plans, elevations, sections, 3D renderings, and details for projects. Experience in Healthcare is preferred.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Possess creativity, critical thinking and a drive for design excellence.
- Develop and advance design through sketches, physical models, electronic models, diagrams, massing studies, and other visual formats to express the design intent and communicate to project team, client, and building user groups.
- Utilizes BIM technologies in development of three-dimensional models of buildings and their components.
- Participates and presents in design critiques and pin-ups.
- Presents design with the senior team members to stakeholders during early project phases. Develops building design in accordance with cost parameters.
- Develops space planning, block planning, and adjacency diagrams in coordination with building program.
- Evaluates and selects building systems and materials.
- Understands and coordinates building systems and materials to ensure compatibility with the design intent.
- Implements sustainable design principles into the design and environment.
- Participates in development of the program and other pre-design efforts.
- Ensures that design intent is maintained through documentation and construction.
- Assists in the work of construction administration.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Engage in creative and critical thought.
- Produce design at a level that would be perceived externally as excellent.
- Communicate concepts and ideas to others effectively.
- Generate perspectives from BIM model to illustrate design concept and to explore material and lighting options.
- Interpret sketches, drawings, codes, building program and other similar material.
- Present abstract ideas to the client and client representatives.
- Research and apply accessibility codes, applicable building codes, and life-safety codes to a wide variety of project scopes and complexity.
- General knowledge of building construction systems, constructability, interior and exterior materials, and industry associated standards.
- General understanding of the relationship between drawings and specifications.
- Requires understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp, Newforma, and Enscape.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in Architecture or Interior Design & working towards licensure/certification. Minimum of 2 years of experience, preferably on large teams with healthcare or institutional clients. LEED Green Associate or LEED AP or WELL preferred.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best. #DesignYourPlace
StantecSan Francisco, CA
Get fresh Interior Designer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.