Stant is hiring for a Customer Service Specialist located in the Rochester Hills, MI area. This customer facing position ensures the accurate receipt, fulfillment, and invoicing of customer orders. This role is also responsible for guiding and training teammates in the day to day activities of order management, PLEX and department processes. It is essential for the Customer Service Specialist to maintain good contacts with the other departments in the order to cash process.
Stant, founded in 1898, is a global leader in design, engineering and manufacturing of fuel systems, fuel caps, radiator caps and thermostats. Stant sells directly to the OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers in the automotive and industrial markets with key customers that include Ford, General Motors, Fiat Chrysler, Daimler, Hyundai, Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Hyundai, Mercedes, Volkswagen, Plastic Omnium, Detroit Diesel, and Harley Davidson. Stant also participates in the aftermarket with key relationships with O’Reilly Auto Parts, Advance Auto, and many independent distributors. Stant has vending, engineering and manufacturing presence in the US, Mexico, China and Europe. Revenues in 2017 were $300M and employment topped 1500 associates. Stant is headquartered in Connersville, IN and has a growing satellite office in Rochester Hills, MI.
Customer Service Specialist Key Functions:
- Run and analyze the assigned reports based on needs, CSS will engage the customer with results and resolutions
- Aid the account managers with their discussions with customers and make customers visits to discuss business needs to better anticipate their demand needs
- Create work instructions and process documentations as necessary
- Manual processing of customer orders
- Processing EDI (electronic data interchange) orders and validating EDI error reports
- Serves as back- up for team member accounts
- Handle customer calls and requests
- Maintain customer master data
- Sustain the customer price files
- Manage customer material cross reference
- Access and respond to customer portal/websites
- Support A/R collection process
- Follow up on shipment shortages/overages
- Track shipments
- Assist in the return process from customers; coordinate with the quality department on the return material authorizations
- Manage ad hoc projects as requested.