Title: Sales Consultant - Des Moines
Business: US - SSS - CSS
No. of Positions: 1
Job Description: Stanley Black & Decker is a vibrant, diversified, global industrial company - a company of enduring substance since 1843 that is striving to be one of the most innovative and sustainable companies in the world. Our people are bold and agile, yet thoughtful and disciplined. With the ambition to inspire makers and innovators to create a more sustainable world. If you're seeking to bring your unique value and contribute to an inclusive, collaborative and purpose-driven culture that integrates performance excellence and innovation - join us.
The role of the Sales Consultant, Systems Integration, will be to sell integrated, advanced and highly engineered electronic security systems and services to complex, large scale customers by pursuit of prospects, developing, growing and maintaining a sales portfolio in an assigned territory. Identify and pursue self-generated leads. Execute sales strategy, identify new opportunities/leads and generate sales portfolio to exceed sales quotas and revenue growth. Acts as highest-level career sales professional through consistent sales portfolio management, goal attainment and expert knowledge and leadership of products/services and emerging markets.
Duties and responsibilities
- Focused on building long-standing customer relationships in which integrated security systems across access control, video surveillance, intrusion and fire detection are designed and implemented to solve complex business challenges.
- Identify and qualify customer needs, developing sales strategies, negotiating contracts and closing profitable projects with end users. Act as portfolio entrepreneur by developing personal business plan, sales activities and action plans to attain and exceed quotas and sales goals.
- Develop a personal business plan to exceed your quota and understanding the vertical market trends and the dynamics of the market. Portfolio may consist of customers in verticals such as higher education, hospitality, senior living, retail, distribution or healthcare as examples.
- Drive wider and deeper account penetration with new and existing accounts through frequent proactive contact, expanding and maintaining strong relationships with multiple departments (facilities, loss prevention, IT, finance, and C-level executives) and key decision makers at multiple levels within customer organizations.
- Manage a complex, multi-tiered customer buying process with key skills in selling our value to multiple decision makers including the C-Suite
- Sell integrated solutions to regional named accounts; sales consisting of integrated video surveillance, access control, and other networked applications with an understanding of local codes including applicable labor environment.
- With a strong ability and focus on leading with professional and managed services along with security-as-a-service solutions, the Systems Integration (SI) sales consultant embraces the convergence of software, hardware and services to provide the highest value to the customer.
- Able to convey technically complex security systems and applicable services to our clients in an intelligent and articulate, yet understandable manner.
- Sell to prospective new customers and maintain relationships with current customers to continually assess their needs to create additional sales opportunities and manage a plan for client retention.
- Develop and maintain an active recommendation backlog that will support exceeding quota on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis for recurring monthly revenue (RMR) and installation.
- Conduct job site visits/surveys, specify the type of system recommend, provide an investment recommendation and layout to be used for a basis for the contract.
- Provide detailed scope of work with all needed information for operational success.
- Prepare, deliver and execute sales presentations, investment justifications, recommendations and offers to prospective customers to convey products and services that meet their requirements that result in new sales or retention of customers.
- Develop, maintain and utilize a strong working knowledge of all offerings within our products/services solution line to increase and develop sales portfolio.
- Collaborate with installation and service departments to execute the successful delivery of new products and services.
- Create and maintain accurate and up to date information or reports on sales activities, plans and forecasts in sales software and other company provided tools and reporting systems.
- Work in concert with sales leadership and other sales associates to attain sales plans, identify future growth and development opportunities. Focusing on strategic selling and integrating multiple decision makers involved in the sales process.
- Acts as sales leader through expert mastery of sales techniques identified through portfolio results as well as leadership to assist others on critical/complicated sales, coaching and mentoring less experienced sales consultants.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of products/services as it relates to customers' issues and needs through in-house training, networking and reading/research. Maintains an on-going and in-depth knowledge of the latest Security System products offered and advancements in development.