Financial Analyst 3 (U.S. - Flexible Work Location)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The following position will have the flexibility to be based anywhere in the U.S., for candidates who are willing to travel to the Stanford School of Medicine campus 10% to %15 of the time. Applicants must upload a cover letter AND resume to be considered for this opening.
The Division of General Surgery in the Department of Surgery is a high-performing team of exceptional faculty and staff, committed to providing outstanding clinical care, conducting research that impacts patients outcome, and medical education that cultivates future leaders. The Division of General Surgery is one of the largest and most complex divisions in the School of Medicine, and because it is growing we need to add a new finance member to our team. This position will develop a strong understanding of the financial operation of different sections of General Surgery, including Surgical Oncology, Breast Surgery, Colorectal Surgery, Minimally Invasive & Bariatric Surgery, Trauma & Acute Care Surgery, and several research labs.
We are currently seeking an experienced Financial Analyst 3 to join the Division of General Surgery, reporting to the Division Manager of General Surgery. This position will help lead the financial affairs of the Division of General Surgery, such as year-end close, budget process, conduct highly complex financial analysis, improve, and update financial models, develop insightful financial reports, manage a high volume of emails, and provide expert financial support to the Division of General Surgery. As a critical member of a dynamic and collaborative Division.
The incumbent must have strong analytical and data modeling skills, healthcare business acumen, ability for working with vast amount of data and different systems, translate data into useful information, ability to multi-task, be extremely organized & detailed, self-motivated; team oriented, and must hold masterful communication skills that allow high level interactions with a diverse academic and medical community. We are looking for someone extremely reliable, dependable, and willing to go the extra mile.
For information on the about the Division, please visit: https://med.stanford.edu/gensurg.html
- Perform highly analytical, complex finance and control functions; multi-dimensional and complex reconciliations and related analysis; prepare or review and approve complex transactions and higher-level dollar value transactions.
- Research, and synthesize data; interpolate results from large amounts of data, identify trends in data, draw conclusions, develop solutions, present and implement recommendations, and create follow up analysis.
- Develop complex budget and forecasting scenarios, long-range planning and analyses for financial reporting and presentations; design and run ad hoc reports.
- Identify and resolve unique issues with substantial significance; recognize exceptions, and conduct in-depth analysis using advanced technical knowledge and experience. Recommend and develop solutions that may require policy changes or the development of new processes; maintain broader organizational and university perspective in decision making.
- Review, design, and implement appropriate internal control programs, research new regulations, and implement approved changes. Manage compliance program for area of responsibility, interpret internal policy and external regulations, and create and/or review complex compliance reports.
- Lead and execute unit or cross functional projects and teams, make decisions regarding projects and programs affecting operational effectiveness, policies, or processes.
- Engage in continuous critical analysis of existing systems and processes; make recommendations to achieve greater efficiencies and improve internal controls. Define requirements, develop and implement complex test cases, perform testing and analyze results.
- Lead and support unit and organization strategy and change management initiatives.
- Provide training on new financial systems. Represent organization to client group(s) and external partners; serve as subject matter expert on matters that involve complex technical, financial, or subject matter expertise.
- Assess client and business needs, and formulate recommendations to determine approach to managing and completing processes.
* - Other duties may also be assigned.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Experience working in an academic or healthcare setting desired. Knowledge of Stanford systems is desirable but not required.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and trouble-shooting skills.
- Expertise with Macros, VBA programming or Python, Excel Business Intelligence: PowerQuery is a plus.
- Works calmly under pressure, proactively takes initiative, and demonstrates the ability to meet deadlines when faced with competing priorities.
- Extremely detail-oriented and accurate.
- High level of independence.
- Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organization.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Bachelors degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or Economics and six years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Advanced proficiency in business applications, such as Microsoft Office suite, especially with Excel.
- Advanced knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning and financial systems; internet and computer literacy.
- Knowledge of GAAP.
- Advanced professional communication skills, including ability to prepare materials for and clearly and effectively communicate information to internal and external audiences, client groups, and management.
- Strong project management skills and ability to contribute to or lead part of a multi-functional team.
- Constantly sitting.
- Frequently perform desk-based computer tasks, use telephone, writing by hand, sort/file paperwork.
- Occasionally stand/walk, lift/carry objects weighing 11-20 pounds.
- Rarely reach/work above shoulder.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Routine extended working hours during peak cycles; travel to school/unit sites across university.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
As an organization that receives federal funding, Stanford University has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement that will apply to all university employees, including those working remotely in the United States and applicable subcontractors. To learn more about COVID policies and guidelines for Stanford University Staff, please visit: https://cardinalatwork.stanford.edu/working-stanford/covid-19/interim-policies/covid-19-surveillance-testing-policy
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AddressMoss Beach, CA
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Work From Home HBO Financial Analyst jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.