**Lab Technician - BLOOD TRANSFUSION SERVICES (53754)**
+ Job Type:Part Time
+ FTE/Bi-Weekly Hours:.60/48
+ Hours in Shift:8
+ Location:Palo Alto, CA
The Lab Tech for Transfusion Services reports to the Supervisor. Under the direction of the technical support of the Laboratory Supervisor, is responsible for quality control of blood components and processing of patient samples as well as other aspects of testing allowable under California regulations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1) Selects, prepares, modifies and labels non-RBC blood components prior to issue. Make appropriate decisions concerning components prepared.
2) Sets up and issues plasma blood components upon request of patient care departments; returns and releases blood components for reissue. Issues red blood cell products.
3) Receives deliveries of components from donor centers. Returns unused and outdated components.
4) Assigns diagnosis related special needs for patients based upon department standard operating procedures.
5) Performs preventive maintenance schedule for minor equipment; maintains quality control records for equipment. Maintains record of lot numbers of disposable products.
6) Use Cobe 2991 equipment to wash red blood cell units.
7) Take physical inventory of every unit in the TS and reconcile it with the inventory form LIS report.
8) Researches blood inventory discrepancies (critical inventory) and resolves them.
9) Reviews daily checklist of tasks and performs duties as needed (e.g. cleaning waterbath, taking temps of incubators, checking LN2 level in LN2 tank).
10) Revalidate plasma thawing equipment after repair and before return to service.
11) Perform monthly component QC on manipulated products.
12) Delivers the trauma bucket of blood to the Emergency department for trauma patients.
13) Participates in special projects as assigned.
14) Perform other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer Stanford Health Care (SHC) strongly values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity and non-discrimination in all of its policies and practices, including the area of employment. Accordingly, SHC does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity and/or expression, religion, age, national or ethnic origin, political beliefs, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or disability, or the perception of any of the above. People of all genders, members of all racial and ethnic groups, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants with criminal convictions will be considered after an individualized assessment of the conviction and the job requirements.
National recognition in 10 specialties.
Watch our stories
"We have a culture of patient care first here, one that speaks to our mission and our values: to care, to educate, and to discover."
Brian L.Unit EducatorBSN, CMS RN
Did you know?
196Stanford Health Care uses 196 solar panels, powering 17% of the hospital's electricity.
17In 2015, we had 17 dogs in our Pet Assisted Wellness (PAWS) Program.
8We're proud to work with 8 All-time Stanford Medicine Nobel Laureates.
1,592Stanford Health Care exhibits more than 1,592 original art pieces.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Preferred (For Transfusion Service)
1) High school graduate or equivalent. Two years relevant Laboratory experience required. Associate degree in sciences or equivalent credentials MLT, etc. preferred. Medical terminology, exposure to advanced biology and chemistry preferred. Requires a comprehensive understanding of the procedures, policies, systems and equipment used within assigned areas as well as a high level of proficiency in the incumbent's specialty areas.
2) Demonstrates initiative for assuming responsibility, being able to organize self and others. Should be able to perform and complete duties with limited supervision and be able to work effectively and be responsive to constructive criticism.
3) Must be Customer Service oriented.
SHC does not discriminate on the basis of Ancestry, Age, Color, Disability, Genetic information, Gender, gender identity, or gender expression, Marital status, Medical condition, Military or veteran status, National origin, Race, Religion, Sex, and Sexual orientation.