VP of IT Solutions Delivery
- Posted: over a month ago
VP of IT Solutions Delivery Opportunity at Stanford Federal Credit Union!
We are on a mission to improve financial lives! If you are a high-energy, compassionate, and collaborative individual yearning to make a difference, we need you on our team! Members really do come first at Stanford FCU because we are not-for-profit and owned by our members. Our members work for Stanford University and some of the most innovative companies in Silicon Valley—and we provide them with the most generous financial benefits in our industry.
Stanford FCU is a $3.8 billion company with a global reach—81,000 members in 90 countries and growing! Come grow with us and see what it is like to work for a Bay Area Top Workplace. As our CEO says, “we work hard, and we play hard”, and we need your help to improve even more financial lives!
What YOU’LL do:
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, the Vice President, IT Solutions Delivery will provide IT functional leadership and people management with a focus on tactical and strategic planning, execution of strategies, in addition to the design, development, implementation and support of technical solutions to meet member needs and organizational priorities. The VP, IT Solutions Delivery must understand and partner with business leaders to identify, promote, define and design practical and innovative business technology solutions to support overall business technology strategy, managing the end-to-end process from qualified idea/concept through design. The successful candidate will also be expected to track, evaluate and pursue emerging technologies that will deliver value to the enterprise, helping to promote best practices, processes and procedures across all of IT. The VP, IT Solutions Delivery will be responsible for leading Enterprise Applications, Development/Engineering, Test Management/QA, and Service Desk.
- Provide technical leadership, complex systems development and ongoing support for various technologies and projects
- Provide technical analysis and solutions, consultation, research, and implementation of technical alternatives with a focus on business technology strategies to ensure the alignment of technology and broader Credit Union goals
- Lead enterprise architecture. Drive the successful identification and handling of interface functions and applications affected by projects
- Facilitate and provide leadership in the development of strategies to identify and design solutions to business challenges. Lead IT service management (ITSM)- Incident, problem, service, event and escalation and crisis management; deliver outstanding IT support and operations.
- Manage the development of functional requirements to meet business requirements, while documenting requirements to ensure effective development and testing. Build Testing/QA functions to help ensure delivery of functional and business requirements
- Provide strong fiscal oversight and imbue the IT function with an ROI mentality
- Lead the development team in the implementation, enhancements, and maintenance of digital delivery, React.js Node.js, Python, and.Net based systems. This will include creating project plans, allocating resources, managing vendors, developing code changes, creating comprehensive test plans, and implementing applications.
Who YOU are:Experience
- 10-15 years of experience working within a high transaction, high availability financial services environment, preferably within the credit union or retail banking industry.
- 7+ years of direct experience in application development, implementation and/or solutions delivery
- Proven manager with experience leading teams of at least 15 professionals while possessing a superb knowledge of all aspects of IT
- Experience leading complex organizations through significant change, possessing the ability to both engage with IT professionals over technical details and discuss broader strategic goals and challenges with business partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems Management. An MBA is also preferred.
- 10+ years Project/Program Management experience, managing other professionals with broad responsibility for results – including financial and/or business analysis.
The ability to collaborate effectively with other senior managers in order to define, articulate, and champion the ways in which technology requirements relate to the firm’s business is critical.Other Skills
Strong Business Acumen
- Able to translate hidden opportunity in an organization into results
- Excellent understanding of technology but with the ability to effectively translate technical terminology and concepts into language understandable by non-technical individuals
- Strong business planning, analytical, and conceptual skills
- Creates an IT vision for the future that reflects his/her understanding of the changing marketplace and the way IT can create competitive advantage
- Grasps the complexities of the business and seizes opportunities for productivity improvement not identified by others
- Understands what competitors are building towards and how they are using technology as a competitive advantage
- Creates original concepts and approaches for testing/refining existing theories and processes as well as focusing on looking forward to new solutions
- Develops and monitors performance metrics, standards, and reporting systems to ensure meaningful service, productivity, cost, and efficiency measures to improve technology performance
- Takes appropriate actions such as re-establishing priorities, re-allocating resources and/or coordinating with other areas to expedite completion of initiatives and maintenance of an efficient and productive organization
- Provide direct leadership to the IT team by setting, communicating, and modeling high standards of performance and professionalism, developing and maintaining a high level of personal credibility and work ethic with IT management and staff and demonstrating consistently sound judgment
- Personally, and actively involved in sourcing, selecting, developing, and training top talent for key positions
- Effectively manage the allocation of work between internal staff and vendors
- Significant experience sourcing and managing contract development and managing technical relationships with key vendors
- Focus on the mission and team first. Inclusive, collaborative, and supportive leadership style.
Building Relationships & Influencing Skills
- Demonstrate the ability to collaborate with others, forging and supporting a cross-divisional community of IT professionals to help improve standardization and innovation for both development and delivery
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence across the organization
- Well-developed interpersonal skills that combine both IQ and EQ
- Proven negotiation and influencing skills. Able to gain acceptance from team members and sell technology agenda to execute a plan or idea while achieving them
Some of our benefits for YOU:
- 100% paid employee medical, dental, vision, life/AD&D and short-term disability insurance for the employee; 50% paid for dependents
- Annual incentive plan
- Employer 401(k) matching up to 5% plus additional annual discretionary contributions
- Education reimbursement up to $3,000/year
- Up to $500 per year in health/fitness benefits
- Employee recognition program with cash incentives
- Paid Sick Time accrues at two weeks per year
- Paid Vacation Time accrues at three weeks per year
- Paid Federal banking holidays (approximately 10 per year)
- Ongoing training and education, seminars, and conferences
- Loan rate discounts on some products (vehicle, mortgage and HELOC loans)
- Waived fees and deposit bonuses on Stanford FCU accounts
- Flex health/transit plan availability
- Employee Assistance Program with free benefits like counseling, help finding legal assistance and day care resources
If you are ready for this awesome opportunity (or know somebody who is) please contact us today!
Please Note: SFCU does not provide work visa sponsorship or accept visa transfers for any positions. Applicants that require work visa sponsorship or transfer will not be considered for employment. SFCU does not provide any relocation benefits for any positions.
Stanford Federal Credit Union is committed to equal employment opportunities, and a workplace that embraces diversity and inclusion for qualified individuals of all backgrounds.
Stanford Federal Credit Union
AddressPalo Alto, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at Stanford Federal Credit Union