Software Development Lead/Architect
Stanford Federal Credit Union Palo Alto, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $130,000 to $165,000 Yearly
IT Software Development Lead/Architect opportunity at Stanford Federal Credit Union!
We’re on a mission to improve financial lives! If you’re a high-energy, compassionate and collaborative individual yearning to make a difference, we need you on our team! Members really do come first at Stanford FCU, because we’re non-profit and owned by our members. Our members work for Stanford University, Google, Facebook, Amazon and other amazing companies—and we provide them with the most generous financial benefits in our industry.
Stanford FCU is a small company with a global reach—75,000 members in 90 countries, and growing! Come grow with us and see what it’s like to work for a Bay Area Top Workplace. As our CEO says, “we work hard, and we play hard”, and we need your help to improve even more financial lives!
We are looking for an experienced and hands-on Sr. Software Developer - Tech Lead to lead the SFCU’s Software Development Team which creates proprietary systems and integration API. Reporting to the SFCU VP of Enterprise Applications and Solution Delivery, this key role will partner with the Development Manager, QA Manager, Product and Project Managers and will provide project and technology leadership and architectural direction to the development team across many concurrent projects and tasks while promoting the SFCU’s culture and values.
The ideal candidate will have an excellent track record of hands-on software development, architectural mindset and team leadership where the team members have a variety of skill sets and seniority across Front-End and Back-End tiers.
The goal is to:
- Partner with the Development Manager to staff projects/tasks appropriately
- Help developers to maintain the throughput committed to a project
- Provide Solution Architecture and Design
- Estimate Tasks and User Stories
- Lead hands-on development of the mission-critical initiatives and projects
Who YOU are:
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and be effective and efficient with the competing requests for the IT software development focusing on the delivery, but not at the expense of quality and job satisfaction
- Strong verbal/written skills and the ability to effectively interface with internal business clients, operations teams, technical engineering teams, internal audits, regulators and senior management.
- Very strong, hands-on technicalbackground to lead and help the team to deliver by working smarter not harder;
- Current hands-on software development experience is a must; ideally, a developer early on in the career who moved to a Tech Lead role later – approaches problems in terms of a Framework and Reusable Components’ creation, with Design Patterns and Best Practices in mind
- Can guide, mentor the dev team with a positive mindset and can-do / find-a-way attitude and help the team to resolve issues quickly
- Knows how to design and code to satisfy Functional and Non-Functional requirements, creating Logical and Physical Architecture
- Collaborates with the Dev Manager to regularly review the team working process and tools to meet future needs and takes action as appropriate
- Demonstrate QA focus and mindset while developing/delivering solutions (e.g. Test-Driven Development).
- Highly Desirable: Financial Services (Banks, Credit Union) domain expertise
- Has an ownership and accountabilitymentality
- Takes ownership for the timely delivery, the mistakes and holds other accountable
- Able to own and maintain code, developed by someone else, e.g. a partner
- Personal style
- Task oriented
- Analytical with ability to multi-task
- Excellent soft skills
- Integrity and honesty while interacting with others
- Ability to make important/timely technical decisions and be accountable for their consequences
- Ability to break down User Stories into Tasks
- Ability to facilitate good teamwork and emphasize it despite other priorities and goals
- Ability to help the Development Manager with Capacity Planning and Management
- Help with Velocity measurement
- Assign Complexity Rating to the Jira’s tasks
- Provide estimates to PM’s based on Velocity and Task Complexity
- Jira Expert
- Experience with Jira’s tasks creation from User Stories
- Help the Dev Manage in Defining and Enforcing the development process
- Code Repository, Branching and Merging
- Environment Propagation
- Unit Testing
- Test-Driven Development
- Code Review
- Sufficient and timely documentation that is kept up to date
- Development Productivity and Throughput improvement– making the team effective and efficient
- Leads code review of the internal Development Team and external Partners.
- Conducts Lessons Learned, mentoring the team on: Design Patterns, Best Practices.
- Practical experience with DevOps and CI/CD tools and processes
- Able to provide Tier 3 Production Support –triage an incident and define Action Plan to prevent
- Hands-on experience with the following technologies:
- Must have
- UML 2.0
- REST API
- Highly Desirable
- Q2 Caliper SDK
- CI/CD: Jenkins, SonarQube
- Practical experience with one of the following:
- Elastic ELK stack
- Must have
What you’ll DO:
- As an IT Software Development Tech Lead you will be doing hands-on design and development and helping to establish processes to enable successful delivery of software applications and systems. To excel in this role you must have excellent hands-on software development skills, have an architectural mind, be analytical and proactive in resolving issues before they become problems.
- Timely and effectively communicate your process improvement insights to your management.
- Help to keep the Development Team high productivity and throughput.
- Lead in creation, implementation, and maintenance of the right development processes. Serve as a liaison between project managers and Developers. Be the “right-hand-man” of a Development Manager.
- Collaborate with project managers and QA manager to deliver projects on time.
- Provide Tier-3 application support to the developed systems and integrations.
- Uphold quality standards.
- Alert management whenever a failure has the potential to impact business operations or have a member impact.
- Ensure that overall code is of the greatest quality and that the development processes are effective and efficient.
- Ensure the culture is results-driven and morale of the team is very positive, open, collaborative and honest.
- Lead the Development Team in code reviews and total code ownership.
Some of our benefits for YOU:
- 100% paid for employee medical/vision/dental/life insurance premiums
- Flex health/transit plan availability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Quarterly incentives
- 5% employer 401(k) matching
- Annual 401(k) profit sharing contribution
- Up to $500 per year in health/fitness benefits, employee recognition programs, iPhone/technology/equipment for efficient working environment
- 3 weeks of vacation per year and all Federal/banking holidays
- 8 paid hours to serve the community, paid CPE and professional license fees
- Ongoing training and education, seminars, conferences, etc.
- Employee discount loan programs (auto/mortgage/credit card depending on eligibility)
- Flex health/transit plan availability
If you are ready for this awesome opportunity (or know somebody who is) please contact us today!
Please Note: SFCU does not provide work visa sponsorship or accept visa transfers for any positions. Applicants that require work visa sponsorship or transfer will not be considered for employment. SFCU does not provide any relocation benefits for any positions.
Stanford Federal Credit Union is committed to equal employment opportunities, and a workplace that embraces diversity and inclusion for qualified individuals of all backgrounds.
Stanford Federal Credit Union
AddressPalo Alto, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at Stanford Federal Credit Union