We are looking for an experienced Software Development Manager to staff projects and manage the team effectiveness and efficiency. This key role for the SFCU will manage project allocation and team performance across many concurrent projects and tasks while promoting the SFCU’s culture and values.
The ideal candidate will have an excellent track record of software development team management when the team members have a variety of skill set and seniority across Front-End and Back-End tiers.
The goal is to:
1. Staff projects/tasks properly
2. Maintain developer’s throughput committed to a project
3. Maintain high morale of the team
4. Assess performance and maximize the Development team’s productivity
Who YOU are:
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and prioritize competing requests for the project resources and manage the IT software development, focusing on the delivery, but not at the expense of quality and job satisfaction
· Strong verbal/written skills and the ability to effectively interface with internal business clients, operations teams, technical engineering teams, internal audit, regulators, senior management and board members.
- Very strong technical background to understand/appreciate developers’ work and help them to deliver by working smarter not harder;
- Former hands-on software development experience is a must; ideally, a developer early on in the career who moved to management, but still has a great understanding and appreciation for the development work.
· 10y+ of solid software development management experience using Scrum and Waterfall
- Strong management and leadership skills to inspire developers to deliver projects on time;
- Can guide, mentor and manage the dev team with a positive mindset and can-do / find-a-way attitude
- Regularly reviews the team working process and tools to meet future needs and takes action as appropriate
- Exhibited quality control focus and mindset while developing/delivering a product (e.g. Test-Driven Development) to collaborate and help with QA.
· Financial Services (Banks, Credit Union) domain expertise
· Has an ownership and accountability mentality
o takes ownership for the mistakes and holds other accountable
· Personal style
o Task oriented
o Analytical with ability to multi-task
o Excellent soft skills
o Respectful and soft spoken
o Integrity and honesty while interacts with others
· Can balance between short- and long-term goals
· Project Resource Allocation based on skillset and productivity. Managing Production Support and New Development of all engineers to achieve maximum productivity and throughput
- Excellent communication skills to be a buffer between upper management and developers
- Manage up and down (explain well in both directions challenges and priorities)
- Ability to make important/timely decisions and be accountable for their consequences
- Ability to manage and successfully resolve resource and delivery issues and conflicts
- Ability to facilitate good team work and emphasize it despite other priorities and goals
· Experience with Capacity Planning and Management
o Management of every Developer Specialty and Velocity
· Experience with task dependencies and priorities management
o Work with project team PM/TL/BA to understand project/task requirements, level of urgency before assigning to a developer.
· Excel in Care and Feed of a Development group
o Provide Training
· Jira Expert
o Experience with Jira’s tasks creation from User Stories and building Jira dashboard and workflow
· Annual Project and Resource Allocation Planning
· Change Management Principles and Best Practices
· Create and maintain the Developer’s Velocity/Productivity
· Defining and Enforcing the development process
o Code Repository, Branching and Merging
o Environment Propagation
o Unit Testing
o Test-Driven Development
o Code Review Scheduling
o Backlog management and execution
o Sufficient and timely documentation that is kept up to date
· Development Productivity and Throughput improvement – making the team effective and efficient
o Performance Evaluation and Corrective Actions
· Management of the outsourced Partners and checking the quality of their work
· Production Incident Management – Why and the Action Plan to prevent
· Practical experience with the following technologies (at least 5):
o UML 2.0
o Q2 Caliper SDK
o REST API
What you’ll DO:
· As an IT Software Development Team Manager you will be responsible to staff projects and to establish processes to enable successful delivery of software applications and systems. To excel in this role you must have excellent people and software development management skills be analytical and proactive in resolving issues before they become problems.
· Effectively communicate your insights and plans to your management.
· Ensure the Development team morale and productivity are high.
· Create, implement, and maintain development processes. Serve as a liaison between project stakeholders and Developers.
· Monitor Developer’s throughput and ensure the throughput committed to a project at the beginning is maintained throughout the project.
· Provide regular updates to management.
· Collaborate with project managers, QA manager and sponsors to determine project scope, resources and duration
· Provide Tier-3 application support to the developed systems and integrations.
· Uphold quality standards
· Ensure that batch jobs and scripts are developed and are running and that all business critical functions are fully operational. Alert management whenever a failure has the potential to impact business operations or have a member impact.
· Ensure that overall code is of the greatest quality and that the development processes are effective and efficient.
· Ensure the culture is results-driven and morale of the team is very positive, open, collaborative and honest.
Some of our benefits for YOU:
· 100% paid for employee medical/vision/dental/life insurance premiums
· Quarterly bonuses
· 5% employer 401(k) matching
· Annual 401(k) profit sharing contribution
· Up to $500 per year in health/fitness benefits Employee recognition program $ benefits iPhone/technology/equipment for efficient working environment
· 3 weeks of vacation per year Federal/banking holidays
· 8 paid hours to serve the community Paid CPE and professional license fees
· Ongoing training and education, seminars, conferences, etc.
· Employee discount loan program (auto/mortgage/credit card depending on eligibility)
· Flex health/transit plan availability Employee carpool benefit (for certain geos)
Please Note: SFCU does not provide work visa sponsorship or accept visa transfers for any positions. Applicants that require work visa sponsorship or transfer will not be considered for employment. SFCU does not provide any relocation benefits for any positions.
If you are ready for this awesome opportunity (or know somebody who is) please contact us today!
At Stanford Federal Credit Union (SFCU), benefits are an integral part of our total compensation package.
Each person's situation is unique. Therefore, choice, wherever possible, is a key component of our benefits. Each benefit helps meet an important need. Because we know it is the contribution of every member of the team, we want to recognize and reward each of you. That's why we provide competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefit program.
Stanford Federal Credit Union
Palo Alto, CA