Banking Support Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
- $43,000 to $60,000 Yearly
Retail Support Specialist Opportunity at Stanford Federal Credit Union!
We’re on a mission to improve financial lives! If you’re a high-energy, compassionate, and collaborative individual yearning to make a difference, we need you on our team! Members really do come first at Stanford FCU because we’re non-profit and owned by our members. Our members work for Stanford University and some of the most innovative companies in Silicon Valley—and we provide them with the most generous financial benefits in our industry.
Stanford FCU is a $3.8 billion company with a global reach—81,000 members in 90 countries and growing! Come grow with us and see what it’s like to work for a Bay Area Top Workplace. As our CEO says, “we work hard, and we play hard”, and we need your help to improve even more financial lives
Who you are:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Requires a minimum of 2 or more years’ experience in a financial service environment or equivalent; with strong knowledge of general banking practices, regulatory compliance, and financial products and services.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff.
- Strong customer service, problem-solving and organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles.
- Ability to effectively engage with customers and identify needs to enhance the customer relationship.
What you’ll DO:
- The Retail Support Specialist reports directly to the Director of Business Support. This role is responsible for providing support to retail branches, digital banking, relationship managers, card services, and contact center to assist in ensuring operational integrity and the delivery of exceptional service to members. The key areas of responsibility for this role include providing operational guidance and support, handling incoming member requests and escalations, assisting with procedural development and implementation, identifying needs for process improvement. This role will serve as a liaison between the branches and various back office operations and support teams to enhance operational efficiency and streamline processing.
- The Retail Support Specialist will ensure that all interaction with members and staff are handled professionally, accurately, and with high-quality performance standards; ensuring optimal customer service, integrity, and profitability. The specialist maintains a strong and positive working environment; meets and exceeds departmental goals and standards, takes initiative, and participates in department and organizational projects to increase revenues, sales, and service. Builds supportive relationships with all areas of the Credit Union as well as with various third-party providers.
The following are major duties and responsibilities of this role:
- Serve as the main point of contact for branches and the digital banking group to assist with operational inquiries, interpreting policies and procedures, compliance review, and timely resolution of system issues.
- Research and respond to member inquiries and requests via phone, email, mail, and other digital channels in a timely and professional manner. Explore all possible solutions to resolve, make appropriate recommendations to avoid future issues, and escalate to management as necessary.
- Perform daily operational tasks assigned to the retail support group ensuring adherence with established Credit Union policy and procedure, banking regulations, and specified deadlines. Perform account opening, maintenance requests, and monetary transactions as needed.
- Assist with the development and update of procedures, forms, and training materials for the retail support group and branches.
- Identify operational deficiencies and training opportunities by tracking inquiries and escalations. Assist with developing and implementing process improvements.
- Maintain consistent, in-depth knowledge of Credit Union products and services, policies and procedures, operations, systems, and general banking regulations.
- Perform regular audit of consumer, business, IRA, and HSA new account openings and transactions including annual IRS reporting. Assists in responding to departmental level audit and examination findings or inquiries.
- Participate in validation and testing of new and upgraded system functionality, workflows, and forms prior to implementation.
- Participate in departmental and organizational projects as assigned by the Director of Business Support.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with members, staff, and external partners.
- Work with other department leaders to resolve member escalations and provide direct responses. Communicate regularly with other department managers to provide tools and techniques to enhance their understanding of operations, service, and the member experience.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
Some of our benefits for YOU:
- 100% paid employee medical, dental, vision, life/AD&D and short-term disability insurance for the employee; 50% paid for dependents
- Employer 401(k) matching up to 5% plus additional annual discretionary contributions
- Education reimbursement up to $3,000/year
- Up to $500 per year in health/fitness benefits
- Employee recognition program with cash incentives
- Paid Sick Time accrues at two weeks per year
- Paid Vacation Time accrues at three weeks per year
- Paid Federal banking holidays (approximately 10 per year)
- Ongoing training and education, seminars, and conferences
- Employee discount loan program (up to 1% off vehicle, mortgage and HELOC loan rates; up to 3% off credit card or personal loan rates) if eligible
- Waived fees and deposit bonuses on Stanford FCU accounts
- Flex health/transit plan availability
- Employee Assistance Program with free benefits like counseling, help finding legal assistance and day care resources
If you are ready for this exciting opportunity (or know somebody who is) please contact us today!
Please Note: SFCU does not provide work visa sponsorship or accept visa transfers for any positions. Applicants that require work visa sponsorship or transfer will not be considered for employment. SFCU does not provide any relocation benefits for any positions.
Stanford Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Stanford Federal Credit Union
AddressPalo Alto, CA
BusinessView all jobs at Stanford Federal Credit Union