Assistant Branch Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Assistant Branch Manager Opportunity at Stanford Federal Credit Union!
We’re on a mission to improve financial lives! If you’re a high-energy, compassionate, and collaborative individual yearning to make a difference, we need you on our team! Members really do come first at Stanford FCU because we’re non-profit and owned by our members. Our members work for Stanford University and some of the most innovative companies in Silicon Valley—and we provide them with the most generous financial benefits in our industry.
Stanford FCU is a $3.5 billion company with a global reach—77,000 members in 92 countries and growing! Come grow with us and see what it’s like to work for a Bay Area Top Workplace. As our CEO says, “we work hard, and we play hard”, and we need your help to improve even more financial lives!
Who YOU are:
Three years to five years of experience in customer service, sales or related experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to cross-sell traditional and nontraditional products and services while maintaining existing member relationships and developing new member relationships.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, along with a demonstrated ability to meet set goals.
- Ability to accurately process various types of transactions and coach others to higher standards.
- Ability to motivate, influence, educate and/or advising members, direct and indirect reports, and business partners on matter of significance.
What YOU’LL do:
- Assists in training, directing and monitoring attendance.
- Monitors performance and makes recommendations to manager for evaluations.
- Interviews for open positions and makes recommendations to the manager.
- Works with branch personnel to improve cross selling and balancing skills and to provide updates on policy and procedure changes.
- Exercises direct supervision over assigned staff, including approval of corrections and overrides, compliance with company policies and procedures and completion of all daily posting and reconciliations.
- Ensures minimum performance standards are met, including reviews and evaluations of Personal Banker’s performance at regular intervals.
- Performs all transactional duties of a Personal Banker, as needed.
- Investigates and resolves member complaints, and researches member situations to resolve issues involving fees, loan servicing, etc.
- Balances operational controls in order to minimize risk to the company.
- Performs surprise cash audits, including audit of negotiable items.
- Performs review and funding of loans originated by branch staff.
- Maintains the Individual Retirement Account (IRA) product knowledge and acts as an in-branch administrator reviewing all documentation.
- Performs branch opening and closing duties as assigned.
- Performs all monthly/quarterly audit functions and prepares reports accordingly.
- Interviews prospective candidates for Personal Banker positions.
- May make recommendations to the Branch Manager or may serve as the selecting official.
- Accountable for managing the operations of the branch, ensuring that high levels of member service are maintained by all employees and coaches/trains employees as needed.
- Must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
Some of our benefits for YOU:
- 100% paid employee medical, dental, vision, life/AD&D and short-term disability insurance for the employee; 50% paid for dependents
- Quarterly incentives up to 10% of your salary (based on position)
- Employer 401(k) matching up to 5% plus additional annual discretionary contributions
- Education reimbursement up to $3,000/year
- Up to $500 per year in health/fitness benefits
- Employee recognition program with cash incentives
- Paid Sick Time accrues at two weeks per year
- Generous Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Federal banking holidays (approximately 10 per year)
- Ongoing training and education, seminars, and conferences
- Employee discount loan program (up to 1% off vehicle, mortgage and HELOC loan rates; up to 3% off credit card or personal loan rates) if eligible
- Waived fees and deposit bonuses on Stanford FCU accounts
- Flex health/transit plan availability
- Employee Assistance Program with free benefits like counseling, help finding legal assistance and day care resources
If you are ready for this awesome opportunity (or know somebody who is) please contact us today!
Please Note: SFCU does not provide work visa sponsorship or accept visa transfers for any positions. Applicants that require work visa sponsorship or transfer will not be considered for employment. SFCU does not provide any relocation benefits for any positions.
Stanford Federal Credit Union is committed to equal employment opportunities, and a workplace that embraces diversity and inclusion for qualified individuals of all backgrounds.
Stanford Federal Credit Union
AddressPalo Alto, CA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Stanford Federal Credit Union