About the Role
First off, this description is a wishlist, not a checklist. We want to find a super-amazing person to join our team, and we're well aware that "super-amazing" can come in all different forms. If you're a little less experienced on a specific bullet point, or if you didn't go to a fancy school, apply anyway. We look at candidates, not resumes.
Standard is looking for a Denver-based, NYC-based, or remote senior web engineer (primarily back-end) to build, maintain, and shape the roadmap for a mobile application for online video creators. You’ll be joining a team of senior full stack and mobile engineers and have lots of autonomy and immediate impact in controlling the direction of the application and the technology decisions surrounding it. You’ll work with creators directly to help identify needs and deliver products to support their work.
- Extend and maintain Python/Django web applications and APIs used by creators and sponsors
- Own and develop an analytics pipeline used to generate insights from various data sources (YouTube, Patreon, podcast analytics, et cetera)
- Help develop the technology roadmap going forward
- Take new features from idea to shipped product
- Work with creators and sponsors to identify improvements
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years of engineering experience building and maintaining user-facing applications and APIs, preferably with Django
- Experience building applications on AWS
- Front end experience a major plus (React, Redux, CSS)
- An eye for design & product
- Excitement about online video and podcasts
- Good communicator
- Patient & considerate
- Independent & self-motivated
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible work hours and vacation policy.
- Diverse, socially-minded team of nice people.
- Access to our wonderful NYC office.
- Medical, dental, and vision plans.
- 401(k) and other benefits.
- You'll get to work with some of the best creators on YouTube.
How We Hire
We know diversity is important. Many of us have non-traditional backgrounds. We work in the online education space, so we understand how much can be learned on your own, on the Internet, outside of a classroom.
We're looking for people who are curious and passionate. Our team should be made up of people of all sorts of colors, genders, and sizes, who can help to expand our perspective and improve our ability to treat our creators and our audience with thoughtfulness and empathy.
If that sounds like you, we're happy to care less how many years of experience you have or where you went to school. Apply anyway. And if you have any feedback on how we could reach or appeal to a more diverse pool of talent, get in touch.
Send us a note and include:
- The position.
- What excited you about the role.
- Your resume, obviously.
- Links to relevant work available online (github, etc).
- A note or two about your interests outside of work. This is usually more interesting than the resume part.
Tip: "tv" is part of our domain, not our name.