VICE PRESIDENT - Information Technology
- Posted: January 13, 2023
STI, a woman-owned, small government contractor that has, for more than 20 years, provided business solutions to DHA, is looking for an experienced and competent VP-IT (Vice President of Information Technology) who will be our technology go-to expert and play an integral role in setting the company's strategic direction, development and future growth. STI has a proprietary software solution that is in demand, resulting in a need for a principal technology officer who has the knowledge, experience, and energy to lead our dedicated tech team and ensure we can scale in an Azure FedRamp environment. Qualified candidate will use technology to improve products and services sold to customers, while managing the infrastructure used in business operations. The company has a culture of teamwork and valuing its employees - the candidate must have similar values. The company operates virtually. The Vice President of Information Technology will report to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
The Vice President of Information Technology will:
- Establish and direct the strategic long-term goals, policies, and procedures for the information technology department
- Assess and revise (as needed) technology teams in their day-to-day operations to assure we have the right organization and skills to meet marketplace demands
- Oversee all system design and changes in system architecture
- Ensure the use of the latest appropriate technologies to track product success, monitor product management metrics, and review technological strategies.
- Assess and ensure our infrastructure continues to anticipate and meet security requirements
- Work with corporate management to define the corporate vision and strategy to refine the company's direction and focus
- Work closely with Marketing, Business Development and Operations to define and deliver new products and enhancements
- Develop, track and control the development of annual operating and capital budgets for technology purchasing, staffing and operations
Being our Vice President of Information Technology requires:
- Minimum of 5 years recent experience as a CTO (Chief Technology Officer); VP-IT (Vice President- Information Technology) or similar role for a government contractor providing products and services to DOD - preferably in a Microsoft environment
- Solid understanding of business management and understanding of intellectual property rights, government regulations, information security, and privacy policies
- Master's in engineering, computer science or similar relevant field and or bachelor's degree desired. Will accept 15+ years of experience with increasing responsibility in IT senior management in lieu of graduate degree
- Recent experience managing mid-sized teams (IT personnel across all functional areasdevelopers, QA, requirements analysts) and the whole product cycle throughout the development process
- In-depth knowledge of leading-edge technology preferably in DoD environment to include network architecture; cloud-based software and systems architecture, design and development; data engineering, information security management, or data security
- Experience with FedRAMP-certified software development is required and critical
- Experience in the Azure Government cloud is a big plus
- Hands-on experience with complex project management in the Agile environment
- Outstanding communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to foster talent and innovation
Must be eligible for a US security clearance (US citizenship is required)
Occasional travel (less than 15%) required
COVID vaccination required
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Standard Technology, Inc.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?