Medical Billing / Accounts Receivable
Standard Optical Salt Lake City, UT
- Posted: over a month ago
- $60,000 to $65,000 Yearly (plus commission)
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
UTAH’S EYE CARE LEADER HAS IMMEDIATE OPENINGS IN OUR CORPORATE OFFICE FOR BILLING CLERKS.
SPECIALTIES: We have both Optometry and Ophthalmology in our practice for primary care (Optometry) and Surgery (Ophthalmology) and experience in one or both of these field would be a a positive but not required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following as well as other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned:
· Process third party claims as a part of the billing department, using medical coding, charge entry, claims submissions, payment posting, accounts receivable follow-up, and reimbursement management
· Serves as the practice expert and go to person for all coding and billing processes
· Plans and directs patient insurance documentation, workload coding, billing, and collections, and data processing to ensure accurate billing and efficient account collection
· Analyze billing and claims for accuracy and completeness; submit claims to proper insurance entities and follow up on any issues
· Follow up on claims using various systems, i.e. practice management and clearinghouse
· Maintains contacts with other departments to obtain and analyze additional patient information to document and process billings
· Prepares and analyzes accounts receivable reports, and weekly and monthly financial reports in concert with the Practice Administrator and Business Manager. Collects and compiles accurate statistical reports
· Audits current procedures to monitor and improve efficiency of billing and collections operations
· Ensures that the activities of the billing operations are conducted in a manner that is consistent with overall department protocol, and are in compliance with Federal, State, and payer regulations, guidelines, and requirements
· Participates in the development and implementation of operating policies and procedures
· Reviews and interprets operational data to assess need for procedural revisions and enhancements: participates in the design and implementation of specific systems to enhance revenue and operating efficiency
· Analyzes trends impacting charges, coding, collection, and accounts receivable and take appropriate action to realign staff and revise policies and procedures
· Keep up to date with carrier rule changes and distribute the information within the practice
· Performs physician credentialing actions
· Understands and remains updated with current coding and billing regulations and compliance requirements
· Maintains library of information/tools related to documentation guidelines and coding
· Supervises billing office personnel, which includes work allocation, training, and being available for staff needs; motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance
· Provides, oversees, and/or coordinates the provision of training for new and existing billing staff on applicable operating policies, protocols, systems and procedures, standards, and techniques
· Coordinates team member time off in a manner that does not negatively impact necessary daily functions
· Review entered charges to ensure accuracy according to insurance payers/contracts
· Submitting clean claims by attaching necessary documentation for payment o Follow-up on electronic claims and paper claims
· Posting insurance payments to patient accounts
· Submit all secondary claims when necessary
· Refund money owed to patient or insurances
· Accountable for reviewing daily schedules for estimates, authorizations, and 3rd party billing.
· Conducts self in a manner that reflects a positive representation of the company and encourages others to do the same.
· Observes strict patient confidentiality in dealing with patients.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Knowledge of business management and basic accounting principles to direct the billing and coding office
· Ability to work with generally accepted accounting procedures, balance sheets, profit/loss statements, and mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
· Ability to recognize, evaluate, solve problems, and correct errors, and to develop processes that eliminate redundancy
· Ability to work under minimum supervision and demonstrate strong initiative
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Must be detail oriented, conscientious, and able to follow through
· Ability to deal in an organized manner with problems involving multiple variables within the scope of the position
· Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel, accounting systems such as SAGE or PRACTICE management Systems such as Eyefinity, Officemate, Acuity Logic, AdvancedMD, etc.
Standard OpticalWhy Work Here?
We offer great pay, benefits and career mobility. We are a growing, family business that values every human.
Standard Optical is a family owned, full-scope eye care provider based in Salt Lake City. Since 1911 we have been the leaders in the industry with 20 locations across Utah. We own our own vision insurance company, State of the art Laser/Surgical center as well as proprietary technologies that give us a distinct competitive advantage.
1901 West Parkway Blvd.Salt Lake City, UT