Come join our team where Excellence is Standard! We are currently looking to hire an Assistant Manager at our beautiful community located in Sparks, Nevada. The position is available immediately ! We thank you in advance for your interest in our company and we look forward to meeting you soon!
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following tasks:
1. Basic Function
a. Responsible for maintaining the financial records for the property on a timely basis.
b. Assist in all accounting functions for the property.
a. Reports to Property Manager
b. Maintains relationships with current and prospective residents.
c. Maintains relationship with other staff members.
The activities listed below are not all inclusive, however, they are indicative of the types of activities normally performed by the Assistant Manager/Bookkeeper.
A. General Duties:
1. Answer the telephone courteously.
2. Communicate with residents regarding accounts receivables.
3. Assist in collection of rents and other monies due.
4. Maintain accounting files.
5. Assist with any legal proceedings instituted by property management.
6. Comply with payroll procedures.
7. Assist in marketing and leasing efforts.
8. Assist in participation of weekly/monthly reports.
9. Knowledge of local, state and federal laws governing tenant/landlord relations.
10. Detailed comprehension of the lease/rental agreement.
B. Specific Duties:
1. Maintain Monthly Rent Roll.
2. Post rents.
3. Post all miscellaneous income.
4. Maintain daily receipts journal.
5. Make daily deposits.
6. Prepare cash receipts journal
7. Maintain delinquency report.
8. Prepare and send late rent reminder notices.
9. Prepare and send notices of dishonored checks.
10. Follow all legal guidelines pertaining to rent collection
11. Learn and use appropriate software packages.
a. High school education or equivalent.
b. Full charge bookkeeping experience.
c. Proficiency on 10-key adding machine.
d. Courteous, pleasant voice, service oriented, personable, outgoing, friendly, intelligent, flexible, quick thinker, honest, competitive, assertive, detail oriented, and organized.
e. Assertive collection abilities.
f. Ability to interact with all levels of management and personnel.
g. Dynamic leasing skills.
5. Physical Demands of the Position
a. Showing property will include walking, stooping and some stair climbing.
b. Lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling 20 pounds occasionally, 10 pounds frequently, negligible amount constantly.
c. Will include walking and/or standing frequently.
d. Need to speak clearly and professionally.