Equity Construction has an immediate opening for a Construction Estimator in the Monroe,LA area!
- Project estimating of multi-family residential sites in the range of $3 million to $10 million.
- Prepares construction budget off of architect plans and specifications.
- Responsible for the formulation and pricing of change orders generated by architect and field conditions.
- Obtains bids from vendors and subcontractors by specifying materials, identifying qualified subcontractors, and negotiating price.
- Closely work with Project Managers by providing current construction cost and vendor information.
- Analysis of construction budget cost to actual cost.
- Working knowledge of current building codes.
- Compatible with the construction team.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Minimum high school diploma, college degree preferred.
- Minimum 5+ years of residential construction estimating experience.
- Construction management experience is a plus.
- Field construction experience is a plus.
- Experience with Timberline Estimating, Earthwork Takeoffs, and Microsoft Project software.
- Computer literacy, including experience with Microsoft Office applications and Excel proficiency.
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations and respond positively to changes in priorities.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities, and see projects through to completion.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Must possess current driver’s license.
- Must be able to walk up and downstairs, bend, stoop, and climb ladders and scaffolding.
- Must be able to withstand seasonal temperatures and be able to perform work day or night.
- Must have good eyesight and hearing in order to communicate with vendors and other employees.