The Solar Installation Crew Leader is a critical leader of the installation crews, who are responsible for installing residential solar photovoltaic (PV) systems. The Solar Crew Leader and team members are responsible for precise and timely updates regarding current solar installation projects, while employing best installation and safety practices.
· Analytic problem solver who knows how to get stuff done.
Must have a high level of energy, motivation, drive, enthusiasm, initiative, commitment and professionalism. Analytical problem solver looking to learn more about everything from others.
· Be part of a team that is passionate, engaging, and energetic about solar energy, the environment and working outside. You understand what it takes to get the job done; finding a resolution to challenges.
· Bring a sense of pride of ownership every day, willing to help out wherever needed and wear numerous hats in doing so. You are versatile enough to be an exceptional team player as well as an effective individual contributor.
· Passionate about making the world a cleaner place for everyone.
· Lead rooftop installation crew, responsible for laying out, installing, commissioning and quality control of all parts of the solar installation.
Install, maintain, and repair the racking, panels, and flashing for photovoltaic solar systems.
· Install, maintain, and repair the mechanical/structural mounting of racking and modules.
· Properly flashing all roof penetrations.
· String configurations and micro inverters for solar arrays.
· Organize and maintain system components in warehouses, company trucks, and at job sites.
· Document completion of completed installation.
· Clean up of job site.
· Attend mandatory training sessions on new products, installation methodology and safety.
· Have the rare opportunity to help save the planet.
· 1+ year of experience working on roofs (you must love heights).
· 3+ years of construction experience, with residential experience preferred.
· No problem getting your hands dirty and doing the gritty work that comes along with the heavy lifting.
· Physical mobility of upper and lower body.
· Ability to work in various positions, including, but not limited to, stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time.
· Ability to work in extreme environments (heat, snow, rain, wind, etc).
· Willingness and capability to climb ladders, stairs, and work on rooftops.
· Ability to lift, pull, and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks.
· Capability to lift 50 lbs of weight frequently throughout assigned workday.
· Superb customer service skills - a high level of professionalism and a positive demeanor is a MUST. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Valid state driver’s license.
· Successfully pass a pre-employment criminal background check, national driving record check, and drug screen.
· Previous experience installing photovoltaic systems required.
· North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) certification preferred.
Benefits for Full-Time Positions
· Competitive compensation with many positions incentivized
· Paid training
· Full benefits package including health, vision, dental insurance • Attractive vacation, sick and holiday pay
· 401(k) savings plan • Employee referral program
· Career path opportunities for top performers
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $23.00 to $33.00 /hour
· construction: 2 years