Standard Builders, Inc. is looking for a detail-oriented team player with a Construction Accounting Background. Project Accountants are responsible for organizing and processing all on-going daily accounting activities associated with a construction project.
The Project Accountant is responsible for Client billing, change order preparation, accounts payable and job costing as they relate to assigned projects. Salary commensurate with experience.
Responsibilities for Project Accountant Position:
• Review approved subcontractor billing for accuracy
• Manage subcontractor compliance with terms and conditions of the contract, including items such as bonds, insurance, waivers, billing accuracy, etc.
• Confirm contract status for new subcontractor billing
• Review and maintain accurate Project Cost Report
• Generate and accurately process monthly General Construction G702/703 requisition billing in a timely manner
• Investigate any unbilled project costs
• Maintain financial project files
• Assist in financial aspects of project close-out
• Additional assignments upon request of accounting supervisors
Requirements for Project Accountant Position:
• Bachelor Degree in Accounting or related field
• 3-5 years’ experience in construction accounting
• Knowledge of Sage 300 (Timberline) software a plus
• Knowledge of Excel
• Proficient in G702/703 formatted requisition billing
• Clear understanding of contract types (Construction Manager as Agent, Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP), Lump Sum, Cost Plus)
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment, high sense of urgency and ownership of work, with a demonstrated ability to manage to deadlines.
• Strong organization skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and attention to detail
• Communication, organization and analytical skills
Standard Builders, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.