Senior Middleware Engineer permanent job in Los Angeles, CA (Burbank area).
We are looking for a Senior Engineer with expert-level knowledge of Web and Middleware solutions, DevOps technology, and cloud computing technology. The ideal candidate for this position will quickly engage within the existing Managed Services delivery team, work in an oversight capacity, serve as a mentor and leader of technical team members, and help drive Continuous Improvement engineering initiatives for our provisioning, automation and monitoring of Web, Middleware and Database instances within our enterprise data centers.
Managed Service Provider Functional Leadership: You will be responsible for analyzing, identifying, and resolving functionality issues and process improvement areas provided by the Managed Service Provider. Conduct a formalized, regularly scheduled compliance review covering Build SLA/KPI results, Customer Satisfaction results, advanced concerns and RCA (Root Cause Analysis) for major service outages. This is a very customer focused, hands-on role where the you will be expected to handle and resolve customer queries as well as undertake the day to day management aspects that the post requires.
Platform Engineering: Our team designs, implements, and supports on-premise infrastructure for complex enterprise applications. We are involved in the full systems lifecycle, including tasks that go beyond basic setup - including tuning, performance optimization, and advanced troubleshooting of newly built and upgraded systems. You will be involved in upfront solutions design for our clients and will provide oversight of the team’s delivery work to ensure adherence to best practices and technical standards.
Continuous Improvement: Our team provides a variety of Platform technologies in Web, Middleware and Database Services, including application performance monitoring, automated provisioning templates, and automated bootstrap and configuration management code. You will provide oversight of toolset standards and collaborate with fellow team leaders on the prioritization and execution of ongoing platform improvement initiatives.
- Architect Digital, Commerce, and Web Content Management system architectures for large-scale web and mobile platform deployments.
- Assist project teams in scoping, design, and project work estimations.
- Identify issues and project business requirements and develop solutions to them.
- Own responsibility for the technical quality of our team’s solutions delivery; describe architecture decisions and rationales at a detailed level to both client and internal teams.
- Own responsibility for technical platform, continuous Improvement initiatives and work with other technical leads to define and maintain compliance with organizational standards.
- Maintain expert-level knowledge of current technologies and methodologies; contribute as a visible thought leader.
- Contribute to internal R&D initiatives; help drive innovative solutions to broaden the technical capabilities of the department.
- Participate in 24/7 support by acting as an escalation point for any production issues
- Provide mentorship and guidance to team colleagues and direct reports.