Customer Service Associate
- $18 to $20 Hourly
Do you enjoy the construction industry and sales environment? Do you like socializing and interacting with customers? Does a fast-paced and challenging workplace interest you?
Stan Houston Equipment Company has a new opportunity for you!
We are seeking a Full-Time Customer Service Associate to join the team at our Sioux City location.
Work hours are Monday through Friday during normal business hours and rotating Saturday morning schedule.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Develop a general understanding of the construction materials, tools, and equipment available in the store.
- Greet customers in a friendly and professional manner, answer customer inquiries as able, refer to sales associate for product location and product inquiries.
- Process sales transactions using the store's point-of-sale system. Handle cash, credit card, and other payment methods efficiently.
- Scan and bag items accurately and proper handling to prevent damage.
- Maintain knowledge of current sales, promotions, and discounts to share with customers.
- Ensure the security of cash, receipts, and inventory by following proper procedure and protocol.
- Assist with inventory cycle counting.
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure efficient store operations.
- Offer support and assistance to coworkers during peak periods or in their absence.
Here’s what will get you noticed:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong numerical skills and the ability to handle cash accurately.
- Basic computer skills for operating the point-of-sale system, scanners, and credit card readers.
- Flexibility to work rotating Saturday schedule (as applicable to the store location).
- Knowledge of safety procedures and willingness to adhere to them.
Here’s what you’ll need to be successful:
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- Previous experience as a cashier or in customer service is preferred.
- Previous experience with construction tools and equipment is preferred.
Here’s what we offer:
- Competitive compensation of $18.00-$20.00, based on experience
- Benefits package including health, dental, vision
- 401K Retirement Plan (company matching)
- Group Life Insurance (company paid)
- Employee store discount
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holiday Pay
Physical Capabilities Required:
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Moderate amounts of grasping, fingering and repetitive motion.
- Flexibility and agility to bend, stoop, and reach.
- Must have a sufficient visual acuity to determine accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of work.
- Understand the speech of another person. Speak clearly so listeners can understand.
- Sufficient normal limits of hearing.
Founded in 1948, Stan Houston Equipment Company has earned a reputation as a trusted partner for contractors and builders throughout the region serving the communities of Sioux Falls, Rapid City, Sioux City, Aberdeen, Watertown, and Omaha. Stan Houston a wide range of construction equipment, including aerial lifts, excavators, loaders, and more. In addition, Stan Houston offers rental equipment as well as parts and service for all types of construction equipment.
Omaha store hours are Monday to Friday 7:00am-5:00pm; Saturday 8:00am-12:00pm.
APPLY TODAY TO JOIN A GROWING COMPANY WITH A GREAT TEAM OF CO-WORKERS!!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Stan Houston EquipmentSioux City, IA
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.