Point of Sale (POS) Level 2 Technician
Staley Technologies Boise, ID
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Turn your hospitality / retail knowledge and experience into a career in the Lansing, MI region
Staley Technologies in Boise is your gateway to working with the best restaurants, clubs and hotels in the surrounding Boise area. Work with technologies from the hospitality industry leader as a POS Technician with Staley Technologies. With our team, you will be exposed to some of the newest technology available, expanding your knowledge and industry skillset to support our hospitality industry clients in the region. The POS Technician provides installation, repair and remote/on-site support services for NCR/Aloha Point-of-Sale (POS) systems, Heartland Restaurant POS, video surveillance systems, networks and other services and solutions sold and supported by Staley Technologies. This position not only requires technical skill, but great customer service and communication skills to resolve issues while building great customer relations. The successful candidate will be a key part of a small team that is obsessed with quality, customer service and good times!
· Maintain a constant focus on two things – exceeding customers’ expectations and ensuring safety in all we do
· Provide timely, quality, front-line support and act as primary contact for POS clients
· Perform Tier 2 troubleshooting and problem-solving
· Perform system staging and configuration of hardware pertaining to Point-of-Sale systems
· Perform system installations onsite at customer locations in various types of establishments
· The position requires extensive local travel with only occasional over-night travel to meet customer needs
· Provide call-handling, incident management, and communication skills to accurately diagnose issues and determine necessary path for resolution within a team setting
· Provide critical thinking skills to resolve issues quickly and consistently
· Accurately interpret issues through good communication and listening skills to correctly document steps taken by field staff and end users for best resolution of issues
· Demonstrate good understanding of networks, cabling, and call center structures and workflows.
· Assess and address difficult customer situations without missing any required troubleshooting steps, and maintaining professionalism at all times
· Must multi-task and work in fast-paced environment, quickly adapting to process changes
· Monitor all required POS configurations on an annual basis
· Available when needed regardless of the day or time
· Available to work a rotating on-call schedule for Level 2 customer support
Perform all other tasks as assigned
· Proficiency required for Windows PC and Microsoft Office products
· Understanding of Windows TCP/IP networking is required
· Working knowledge of DOS command line interface beneficial
· Proficient in NCR Aloha software.
· Understand the installation and support of networks and components including switches, routers, firewalls and cabling
· Must be able to travel
· Must have a valid Driver’s License
· Must be able to work different shifts, including Saturday and Sundays
· Minimum of 1 year of experience in a full-service hospitality environment back office experience
· Prior NCR certification preferred
· Call center experience is beneficial but not required.
· Formal computer training is desired, but not required.
Staley is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other non-merit basis.
Staley TechnologiesWhy Work Here?
We are the experts in our field, learning and implementing new and innovative technology solutions.
At Staley Technologies, we’re proud to serve those who serve the world. Whether one of our Fortune 500 clients or local clients, we provide services every day that improve the lives of millions through hospitals, banks, grocery stores, home improvement stores, and the list goes on. By providing cutting edge solutions to our clients, we are poised to continue an aggressive, yet carefully managed growth and diversification.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Staley Technologies