Master Production Scheduler
- Posted: over a month ago
The mission for this position is to ensure production efficiency of quality pounds through the plants by strategically planning, managing and implementing a successful production schedule.
- Create and schedule a rolling calendar that includes yearly plans, broken down by month; monthly plans, broken down by week, and a 3-day daily production schedule, based on inventory plans and SIF commitments to customers.
- Schedule and manage annual pack plan and provide the raw product needs to the crop planning team to ensure customer orders are met.
- Be cognizant of upcoming crop conditions and adjust schedule as needed.
- Communicate with the Raw Product Department to maximize plant gross margins consistent with meeting SIF commitments to customers and SIF needs.
- Collaborate with the Field Department to achieve effective strategy in scheduling.
- Communicate with Purchasing Department to ensure we have sufficient packaging materials to implement scheduled plan.
- Implement systems and procedures to make real time updates of the production schedule both readily available and readable to relevant departments.
- Schedule and lead timely meetings that incorporate appropriate departments to fulfill the mission of the role.
- In conjunction with Maintenance Lead, develop and adhere to annual preventative maintenance requirements. Collaborate with the Maintenance department, as needed, for scheduled maintenance and equipment repair.
- Work with Farm/Raw Product and Procurement Departments to understand inbound product quality.
- Work closely with QA Department and customer specification, and understand the Sales Department worksheet/process.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Business, Logistics or similar field required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in manufacturing production scheduling involving multiple lines and multiple products
- Experience in agriculture and crop planning; experience in providing solutions needed for plant production scheduling adaptation, due to the fluctuation of crop readiness, etc.
- Proficient in packaging, production, maintenance and raw product processes
- Biological understanding of crop production and the impacts to quality specifications
- Ability to work as a leader and in collaboration with other teams and individuals
- Highly collaborative, kind and patient, seeking first to understand
- Mastery of Excel and proficient in the use of other Microsoft Office applications
- Spanish-speaking abilities preferred
- CPIM preferred
The statements made in any and all of the position postings are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Stahlbush Island Farms, Inc is an equal opportunity employer, focused on the employment and advancement of all applicants and colleagues for employment and promotion without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Stahlbush Island Farms is an equal opportunity employer, program auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
Powered by JazzHR
Stahlbush Island Farms
ManufacturingView all jobs at Stahlbush Island Farms
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?