Stahl Specialty Company Kingsville, MO
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
JOB TITLE: Shipping/Receiving Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Machining Manager
DEPARTMENT: Shipping / Receiving
WORKING HOURS: Flexible 40 hours, plus necessary overtime
PURPOSE OF JOB: The Shipping/Receiving Coordinator position is responsible for all daily operations of the shipping department and working in the most cost effective and customer satisfying manner complying with federal, state and Stahl Specialty Company regulations. Verifying, receiving, and keeping records on incoming and outgoing shipments and preparing items for shipment in the most efficient manner.
- Assists and supports the Shipping/Receiving team in accomplishing department goals and plans.
- Studies shipping notices, bills of lading, invoices, orders, and other records to determine shipping priorities, work assignments, and shipping methods required to meet shipping and receiving schedules.
- Oversees incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipments.
- Determines space requirements and position of shipment in warehouse and trucks and lays out position of shipment.
- Inspects loading operations to ensure compliance with shipping specifications.
- Inspects material handling equipment for defects and notifies maintenance personnel or contacts outside service facility for repair.
- Complete Odyssey shipping/receiving transactions, arrangement of transportation for delivery to customers, maintain customer delivery requirements, maintain proper receipt of materials into warehouse, maintain inventory accuracy in the warehouse, and prepare all shipping documents as required to assure proper shipments.
- Continually coordinates and communicates with other departments to ensure a smooth workflow and a consistent administration of company policies.
- Maintains a safe work environment by working / reporting all safety concerns and always being aware of your surroundings.
WORKER QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
· Experience in a warehouse, distribution, operations, or service-related environment preferred.
· Computer proficient (Word, Excel, Outlook).
· Odyssey experience a plus.
· Ability to complete paperwork accurately and completely, understand the importance of detail and accuracy.
· Strong customer service, ability to communicate with customers in a professional manner and demonstrate understanding for the importance and value of customers.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in a fast-paced environment.
· Fork Truck experience preferred.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Effective written and verbal communication. Work with others in a team atmosphere.
· Knowledge of production operations in Foundry and Machining.
1. Inside work, 50% of time spent at desk.
2. The employee may be exposed to dusty conditions, outside weather, hot and cold temperatures and chemicals used in the process.
3. The noise level in the work environment will range from moderate in an office environment to loud noises and conditions under which PPE is required.
4. Three shift operations.
5. Working closely with Sales, Accounting, and Production Departments.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS ANALYSIS:
1. Standing: Frequent to constant standing required, at times, during performance of job duties.
2. Sitting: Prolong periods of sitting required, at times, during performance of job assignments.
3. Bending: Occasional to frequent bending required.
4. Lifting: Occasional to frequent lifting of fixtures and castings. Weighing between 5-30 pounds.
5. Carrying: Occasional to frequent carrying of office materials and equipment (i.e., Folders, booklets, calculators, etc.) weighing between 5-30 pounds.
6. Reaching: Occasional to frequent reaching at various heights and various distances in front, and in back, of body during performance of job duties.
7. Hand Tasks: Flexibility and dexterity in hands to operate pneumatically controlled and hand tools. Squeeze force of 1-10 pounds required.
8. Seeing: Constant clear vision required for accurate data entry, calculations, operation of equipment, and for reading and composition of various documents and notes.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job- related duties, as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
Certain job functions described herein may be subject to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
Stahl Specialty CompanyWhy Work Here?
Stahl is celebrating its 75th Year in business this year! It is an exciting time to join our team.
111 E Pacific AvenueKingsville, MO
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Stahl Specialty Company