Large dance studio in Suffolk County (Patchogue) is seeking an Assistant Manager, offering employment for a minimum of 2 years (hopefully the perfect person will stay longer than that but NOT less). We are searching for a mature FEMALE (sorry guys) who desires the stability of a position that will move to Full-Time, in this large family-friendly environment. This person should have a College Degree, a background and understanding/appreciation of DANCE, fantastic writing capabilities, ability to multi-task in fast paced environment, FABULOUS PEOPLE SKILLS and most importantly a POSITIVE outlook on life (seeking a happy person who loves to smile and help people enjoy their dance experience no matter how their personal day is going). You must LOVE communicating with children of all ages, their parents, while assisting our Studio Manager, Owner and our staff.
Training to begin IMMEDIATELY
Tuesday, 10am-2pm, 3:30-8pm
Job Description for Assistant Manager:
- AMAZING customer service skills in order to positively communicate with teachers, parents and children.
- Availability to work the front desk during business hours to begin part-time for training and move to full time. Hours may vary with more hours needed with max of 40 hours p/week during busy season (registration, opening week of school in September, recital season in June, etc..) to assist Manager.
- Professional appearance at ALL times.
- Ability to work on Apple AND PC Desktop systems and learn our dance Software program. Studio is completely “ online” therefore computer skills are a MUST!! This person must be proficient in Excel, Word, Google Drive, Google Calendar, and Dropbox prior to the job as there is NO training for these programs, only dance software training will be provided.
- Setting up online accounts for families and assisting parents over the phone on how to pay their bill, in addition to other “online” questions.
- Enrolling new and returning students into the proper dance classes, training will absolutely be provided although a background in dance is an ABSOLUTE MUST.
- Must be EXTREMELY comfortable dealing with Parent confrontation while remaining calm, positive and open to hearing all critiques. Must put out all fires for the Manager and only deflect a problem once you have exercised every solution possible.
- Must have wonderful phone skills, a natural sales-person over the phone and in person.
- Must have ability to work quickly and not get overwhelmed easily.
- Attention to detail is a MUST in this business and a strong sense of memory is the only way to truly tackle each days “to do list”. The pace of the studio is fast!
- Assist the manager in preparing large projects for our end of the year production and seeing them through to the very end.
- Excitement and willingness to take on this fabulous Job. We are NOT looking for someone who would rather be somewhere else while this is a backup job. Searching for the perfect person who truly LOVES the fast pace and work environment of a dance studio and is excited by this world...
- Pay is negotiable based on dance experience, office work, management experience and additional hours if so desired. We offer weekly paychecks.
- When owner and manager are not present YOU are the face of the studio and must be able to handle ANY and ALL situations.
The Studio Owner has an extensive background in Dance and Theater on Broadway and is extremely passionate about her dance school. This is a family environment that is emphasized by our close-knit staff and full support of one-another. Looking for someone like-minded who is easily excited about children learning how to dance and spreading the joy of this incredible art form!
IF YOU FEEL THAT YOU ARE THE RIGHT PERSON FOR THIS JOB PLEASE RESPOND ASAP WITH A FULL RESUME AND PERSONAL COVER LETTER SO WE CAN SET UP AN INTERVIEW. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR TIME AND FUTURE INTEREST!