Accounting Manager - Remote
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Stage 1 Financial LLC is the premier financial services firm and VC for high growth exciting consumer brands. We are female founded and a remote first environment with a belief in human autonomy in the workplace.
As an Accounting Manager at Stage 1 Financial you will be responsible for providing industry-leading client service and initiative delivery alongside our highly skilled team members.
We value team members who are energized by working in a high-performance culture, work well within a diverse team, are passionate about growing and scaling startup businesses, and can develop structure and logic in a dynamic and fast-changing client environment.
Management & Leadership Responsibilities:
- Lead a team through the onboarding of new clients and completion of legacy clients the firm
- Successfully operate across different departments and functions within Stage 1
- Can clearly communicate planning, progress, and opportunities to management and the Executive team
- Assess client processes and procedures and develop an integration and optimization plan according to our internally developed SOPs
- Scope, plan, and deliver Special Projects including Accounting Cleanups, Client Process Development, and Client Systems Implementations.
- Document Workflows, Standard Operating Procedures, Working Papers, and develop training sessions and documentation for use by Client Management teams
- Lead a group of individuals at varying levels within the team. This includes delegation of tasks and deliverables, as well as ongoing mentorship and development of team members.
Client Services Responsibilities:
- Deliver industry-leading client service during onboarding of new clients and on-going support for legacy clients
- Identify and address optimization opportunities for clients
- Be the client champion and representative to the internal Stage 1 teams throughout the onboarding process
- Become a trusted advisor to clients during their onboarding and ongoing engagement with Stage 1.Provide client support and develop documentation as required for ongoing client service teams.
- Outstanding customer service and communication skills required
- Experience as Senior Accountant and/or Accounting Manager specifically leading a team in some capacity required
- Experience in month end close, reporting required
- Experience with financial modeling and other FP&A functions preferred.
- Consumer Goods and/or Multi-Unit/Franchise experience preferred
- Early stage growth company/ start-up experience preferred
- Mergers & Acquisitions, and especially Merger Integration experience preferred
- Bachelors Degree in Finance or Accounting required
- MBA and/CPA preferred
- Total accounting experience in years (5) & total mgmt. in years (1 year minimum)
- Experience with reporting according to GAAP standards required
- Experience with working with external auditors CPA firms for due diligence, or other attestation exams preferred.
More About Stage 1 Financial
Stage 1 Financial LLC is pioneering the rise of a new industry, fully outsourcing the operational finance and accounting services for fast growing brands. We have experienced explosive growth in the past several years, currently working with over a hundred of the fastest growing brands in the country. Some current and past clients include Herbivore Botanicals, Lemon Perfect Beverage, Freck Beauty, Final Mouse, Miyokos Creamery and The Beard Club.
We offer a competitive base salary, bonus, 15 days PTO per year for your first 3 years & 20 days per year after 4 years, CPA eligible hours, advanced schooling flexibility, CPE/CLE eligible hours, plus extremely competitive benefits including health, dental, vision, 401k plus more.
Stage 1 Financial
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Stage 1 Financial