Associate Quality Engineer
New Hartford, NY
- Posted: over a month ago
$43600 - $71300
Associate Quality Engineer - New Hartford NY
This position as Associate Engineer performs entry level professional assignments and follows established policies. This position requires some professional judgment and a limited use and/or application of basic principles, theories, and concepts
- Schedule preventative maintenance for laboratory equipment as required.
- Maintain a tidy work area and always work safely.
- Analyze VIM/ESR/VAR/Anneal charts and records.
- Check to make sure all VAR/ESR sequence numbers and heat numbers are present and consistent on all charts and records.
- Check to make sure all charts conform to applicable internal procedures.
- Print out the electronic chart associated with each record and combine each VAR BBD & PLD chart
- Run the SMC Post Processor on the data from each record (when applicable).
- Perform calculations for material removal when necessary.
- Create Internal Review Reports when required and answer any Variances associated with the records, consulting the Process Engineers when necessary.
- Input data into Oracle and TIS.
- Prepare each record for record retention and storage.
- Able to run all optical microscopes and the software associated with them.
- Observe and acquire images of defects, grain structure and phase morphology on each specimen as requested.
- Calibrate the microscopes with computers every six months.
- Perform full Metallographic evaluations of Sonic Indications as required.
- Create digital images (Photographs) of slices and customer material as requested by Engineers.
- Keep a master log of all work performed – by date with description of job performed.
Education and Experience
- A minimum of an Associate’s degree in a Technical, Science or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required. At least 1year of manufacturing or lab experience in the aerospace materials industry is preferred.
- Employee must be able to demonstrate core competencies within 6 months of employment.
- Must have instrumental, analytical and/or metallographic experience as well as knowledge of computers, photography and basic metallurgy.
- Must be able to work independently
- Good communication skills
- Flexible under changing priorities
- Good visual acuity
- Strong attention to detail
AddressNew Hartford, NY
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?