Actual Title: Cyber Security Engineer - Compliance
Location: San Diego, CA
Expected Duration: 12 months contract with possible extension
The Security Engineering position is a position reporting to the Compliance, Audit and Risk Manager and the Office of the Chief Information Security Officer [CISO]. The person in this role will also support internal Teams while driving client success by managing and delivery of best practices, demonstrating thought leadership, while striking a balance between customer and business needs, risk and liability.
• Attend weekly design meetings in support of Enterprise Architecture to provide security consultation on projects aimed at new solutions, or solution refresh.
o Liaison with internal IT outsourced teams.
o Liaison with customer teams as appropriate
o On time, on budget delivery of contractual obligations to customer
• Act as the “Process Owner” for one or more key processes / programs
o On time, on budget delivery of contractual obligations.
o Continuous improvement of deliverables, work products and contractual obligations.
o Residual Risk Management Program
o Project Risk Management / Assessment Lifecycle
o NIST Risk Management Framework Program
o Governance, Risk and Compliance Tools
o Legal / Regulatory / Compliance / Risk – Requirements Traceability Matrix Program
- Extensive experience engineering secure, and complex datacenter as well as hybrid cloud environment projects. Understanding of the NIST 800-53 controls, OWASP Web Application Hardening principles, and CIS benchmarks.
- Experience in securing Amazon Web Services Azure tenants in the commercial and government cloud.
- Able to identify and analyze issues and gather information to determine causes and possible solutions.
- Is a proven innovator and creative problem-solver.
- Navigates ambiguity and exercises a moderate degree of autonomy in decision making.
Leveraging the existing infrastructure, processes and experience of a successful staffing organization like BCforward gives Stafforward impressive national geographic reach and the immediate ability to service accounts of all sizes.
Stafforward supports hundreds of active placements from large national accounts to customers local to each of our individual office locations. Stafforward services a wide variety of non-IT placement categories including executive assistants, receptionists, clerks, paralegals, engineers, project managers, janitors and quality controllers. At each office, a team of in-house recruiters will provide customized search services to locate and screen appropriate candidates.
Stafforward also provides Managed Service Provider Programs in order to allow clients to outsource and consolidate day-to-day activities associated with the management of contingent labor to a single dedicated team.
Typically our clients expect four things:
Stafforward’s Managed Service Provider Programs offer all four with very little disruption to our clients business.