Project Manager II Utilities
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
In all we do at Stafford County Utilities, we remain good custodians of precious water resources and of our environment. We are proud to be a leader in the growing and thriving community that we serve. We have several positions open including Project Manager II- Utilities.
To learn more and apply: https://staffordcountyva.gov/government/departments_f-o/jobs_available.php
PROJECT MANAGER II
GENERAL DEFINITION AND CONDITIONS OF WORK:
Performs difficult professional work related to the design, construction and coordination of multiple complex utility construction projects. Work is performed under general supervision. Supervises subordinate professional, technical and/or clerical personnel. This position supports the Department of Utilities Repair, Replace, Rehabilitate Program (3R).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/TYPICAL TASKS:
Individual is responsible for independently managing and guiding to successful completion, in a timely manner and within budget, complex utility engineering and construction projects which are part of the 3R Program.
- Review construction plans, specifications, cost estimates and other project related documents;
- Perform inspection and monitoring of work in progress;
- Prepare bid documents, requests for proposals, contracts and purchase orders; prepare and maintain project records and files;
- Track Budgets; approve invoices; assist with developing the 10-year spending plan annually;
- Coordinate with other county departments for reviews;
- Inspect construction in progress and prepare or review reports on the status or completion;
- Prepare plans and specifications for projects;
- Coordinate work of consulting engineers, contractors as well operation and maintenance personnel;
- Evaluate requests for information and change orders from contractors;
- Assure that permits and inspections are on schedule;
- Perform duties of project engineer;
- Assist in the development, planning, design, permitting and construction of multiple complex projects;
- Attend meetings where necessary to advance project;
- Performs related tasks as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Thorough knowledge of modern principles and practices of engineering; detailed knowledge of design, construction, maintenance and management of multiple complex utility projects; thorough knowledge of site evaluation, appraisal and acquisition procedures; ability to prepare technical reports, plans and specifications; possess a detailed understanding of the requirements for electrical, mechanical, and concrete construction. Ability to understand and interpret descriptions, construction plans, engineering records and maps; ability to establish effective working relationships with other department staff, contractors and the general public.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited college or university with a degree in civil engineering, construction management, or related field and a minimum of five (5) years of experience with construction or project engineering/management of large projects. PE license preferred, but not required.
Possession of an appropriate driver's license valid in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
The Department of Utilities operates, maintains, improves and expands Stafford County's water and wastewater system. Growth and development of the county's utility systems ensure long-term self-sufficiency and the financial integrity of the utility enterprise fund.
Stafford CountyWhy Work Here?
Awesome leadership, great benefits, competitive salary.
Stafford is the 2nd fastest growing county in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Located between the major commuting centers of Washington, D.C. and Richmond, Stafford County is comprised of 277 square miles. The County offers a business-friendly environment with lower taxes to promote commercial growth and expand job opportunities for our citizens. The County consistently ranks in the top ten of all Counties statewide for public schools and per capita school enrollment. The Department of Utilities operates, maintains, improves and expands Stafford County's water and wastewater system. Growth and development of the county's utility systems ensure long-term self-sufficiency and the financial integrity of the utility enterprise fund.
71 Coal Landing RdStafford, VA
TechnologyView all jobs at Stafford County