Location: Onsite in Reno, NV in support of a Federal Customer (Bureau of Land Management, BLM)
Hourly Rate: $14.61/hour
Description of Work: The Clerk will provide administrative and technical support to the BLM Nevada State Office (NVSO).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Excellent attention to detail.
· Interaction with BLM staff, management, customers (internal and external), and others.
· Strong organization and time-management skills.
· Ability to safely bend, lift and carry items that weigh up to approximately 60 pounds of weight.
· Ability to research, interpret and implement bureau policies and procedures.
· Extensive experience with Microsoft programs (Excel, Word, etc.).
· NOTE: Experience with specific DOI and BLM software is highly desirable (e.g., LR2000, TABFusion, SNAM, CBS, and/or OnBase).
Duties and Responsibilities May Include:
· Assist employees statewide with all requests via walk-in, telephone or email request (to include but not limited to, files to be delivered in person on-site within NVSO and via FedEx for off-site locations).
· Ship and retrieve official records from Federal Records Center (FRC) and National Archives Records Administration (NARA).
· Work with / assist the State Records Administrator and staff with the inventory of records to be shipped according to records disposition.
· Create, barcode, file, and track case files at the Nevada State Office location using automated file tracking systems (provide remote assistance to the District Offices throughout the state for these functions when questions about the systems arise).
· Provide on-the-job training and user assistance to Information Access Center (IAC) employees and members of the public, in accessing and retrieving land and mineral records including the Bureau's LR2000, land status patent records and case file information residing on automated systems (Case Recordation, Mining Claim Recordation System, Mining Claim Imaging System, etc.).