Come work an amazing company that puts its people first. We know in order to have a great place to work our team has to have a great culture to work in. Stafford Consulting Company, Inc continues to grow. Come grow with us.
Job Title: Acquisitions Support Specialist - Government Contracting
Location: Remote full-time tele-work is permitted anywhere in the U.S.
Salary Range: $50K-$65K depending on experience and capabilities.
Scope of Work: Provide comprehensive pre- and post-award acquisition support for the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
Required: Associates Degree or 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organizations and management.
Desired – Bachelor’s degree that included or was supplemented by 24+ semester hours in a business-related field.
Two or more years of directly related experience within a Federal acquisition operations environment. At least one of these years must be specialized experience equivalent to the federal government GS-9 grade level that has equipped the individual with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities listed below.
Desired - DAWIA or FAC-C Level I certification, or other commercial qualifications (CPCM, NCMA - CFCM). The current requirements for FAC-C Level I are identified at: www.fai.gov.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities for Contract Specialist I
· Knowledge of contracting principles, regulations and procedures applicable to pre-award and/or post-award actions sufficient to support the procurement and/or administration of contracts.
· Knowledge of contracting methods, contract types, Federal contract administration policy, procedures, techniques, and evaluation/control methods.
· Knowledge of business practices and market conditions applicable to program and technical requirements sufficient to support evaluation of such actions.
· Knowledge of contracts and pre-and post-award contracting policies and procedures in order to support the planning, execution, and administration of contracts.
· Skill in written and oral communications to present analysis and findings.
· Ability to meet and deal with representatives of the private sector and with Government experts or managers in order to support the procurement of supplies, services, and equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Contract Specialist I:
· Applies knowledge of administrative support functions within a Federal acquisition operations environment to assist program officials on acquisition and administrative matters affecting procurement of supplies and services using source selection procedures; the evaluation of contract price quotes; and the administration or termination and closeout of contracts.
· Performs contract administration activities for selected contracts and assists in the monitoring of contractor’s performance, approval of progress payments, verification of deliveries, and similar activities.
· Supports modifications to contracts and conducts analysis of alternatives and the capabilities and characteristics of the assigned contractors.
· Utilizes price/cost analysis techniques to support the development of cost- related sections of solicitation documents and the analysis of cost and price data, labor and material cost, etc.
· Supports the development of budgets for planned procurements. Analyzes and evaluates cost-related areas of solicitations for pricing structure and instruction to offerors. Analyzes and evaluates contractor price/cost quotes for new procurements, changes, follow-on procurements, etc., which may result in new contracts or the issuance of modifications or the termination of existing contracts.
· Supports the extension of periods of performance and contract closeout processes.
· Helps ensure that all appropriate steps have been taken to safeguard the interests of MCC, and that all requirements of law, executive orders, regulations and other applicable procedures have been met.
· Assists customers in developing statements of work and procurement strategy; and develops evaluation plans, pricing methodologies, and contract administration.