Manufacturing Technician (Assembling Electronic Components) MJ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our client is seeking an enthusiastic Manufacturing Technician to join our Operations team. This is a permanent, full-time position located in North York. You will be responsible for the assembly of products using small tools, perform soldering and testing of various product types. You will be responsible for the efficient production of products according to established procedures, following all safety protocols and workplace policies. We are looking for someone curious, driven, and passionate to join our team and help us continue innovating in the biometric security space.
Location: Toronto, ON
Pay rate $16-$18/hr
Dayshift: 8am to 5pm
• Read electrical schematics, blueprints, and other technical diagrams.
• Connect cables, tubes and wires to complete assemblies and installations.
• Position and install parts, subassemblies and accessories using hand and power tools and other aids like overhead hoists.
• Mark, record and report defects.
• Solder and assemble products using small hand tools, power tools, and other equipment.
• Perform testing, packing, and closing of products.
• Test electrical assemblies, equipment and wiring for proper performance using testing devices such as meters, analyzers, and timing lights.
• Clean and perform preparation of worksite.
• Incoming material inspection and reporting.
• Inventory counts – cycle and yearly.
• And other operations-related tasks as assigned.
• Electronic background/experience is an important asset.
• BSC or Post-Secondary diploma in a related field preferred.
• 3-5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures.
• Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
• Effective verbal communication and listening skills.
• Strong time management skills.
• Ability to read electrical schematics, blueprints, and other technical diagrams.
• Critical eye for identifying defects.
• Commitment to quality and safety.
• Proactive in ensuring job knowledge is current.
• Respect diversity: treat others with respect and avoid unnecessary conflict.
• Knowledge of appropriate materials, methods, and the tools required in various assembly processes.
StaffmaxWhy Work Here?
Room for growth, career stability, great benefits
ManufacturingView all jobs at Staffmax