Staffmark Elizabeth, NJ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Staffmark is hiring pickers, packers, loaders, receivers, checkers and clerks in Elizabeth, NJ .
The position of Warehouse Associate is responsible for all aspects of warehouse functions. Coordinate and take ownership of all daily warehouse activities to promote a higher level of teamwork and customer satisfaction/service. This includes and not limited to functions of receiving, storing, handling, shipping, of product for delivery via truck shipments. Includes the receiving and handling of all product coming into the warehouse building by Vendors, Customers or other means accurately and promptly while maintaining the warehouse in a safe, clean and secure environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for coordination of picking and packing customer orders, sample orders via truck.
- Sort, pick, pack and move product by hand and/or using material handling equipment.
- Fill orders from warehouse stock, complete order receipts, and assemble orders on pallets or shipping boxes/cartons.
- Complete daily work tickets.
- Transport filled orders to staging area or shipping area.
- Mark or tag pallets or shipping boxes/cartons with proper identifying information.
- Verify quantities and description of product against pick tickets and assembling orders accurately for packing.
- Safely operate mechanical material handling equipment, i.e. pallet jack, Deep Reach forklift.
- Any other duties as assigned/needed.
- Solid reading, math and reasoning skills.
- Must have good English language skills but multiple languages are a plus
- Ability to liaison with Managing office to maintain work flow
- Operate Inventory control equipment, handheld devices as well as lift equipment.
- Knowledge/ understanding of the warehouse system and locations of product in storage areas.
- Ability to work and coordinate with other departments
- Ability to team work on any assigned task.
- Ability to stay organized, positive attitude.
- At least 1 year of experience, using or operating Deep Reach Material Handling Equipment. Hand/Eye Coordination necessary.
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Strong time management skills
- Strong communication skills, written, oral, and to include reading comprehension and active listening.
- Basic mathematics, quality control, coordination skills necessary.
- Certification of Lift Equipment /Deep Reach Forklift & pallet-jack certification.
- Knowledge of health/safety procedures, standards/regulations.
- Previous experience working in a Food Grade Warehouse a plus.
- Position spends up to 8 hours of time standing, walking, lifting and pushing.
- Often bending, kneeling, crouching to lift, move and stack products required for order.
- Able to withstand swing temperatures in a warehouse multi-temperature environment, b/n 0 F to 94 F, regularly.
- Ability to move or lift, up to 80 lbs. unassisted.
$16.50/HOUR TO START + PAID TRAINING
$.50 INCREASE IN 3 MONTHS TO $17.00/HOUR
$1.50/HOUR DIFFERENTIAL PAY
Staffmark is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Staffmark is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
StaffmarkWhy Work Here?
As your job search partner, we can connect you with career opportunities at great companies that match your skills and experience.
Let’s find your next job – together. Whether you’re looking for temporary work or a direct-hire job, Staffmark will connect you to an opportunity that closely matches your interests and skills. Staffmark is a proud member of Staffmark Group, an award-winning family of staffing brands with a national network of 450+ offices. We connect over 250,000 people to jobs each year, and we’re ready to put this expertise to work for you! Learn more at www.staffmark.com.
Transportation and Storage