Warehouse associate/ Shipping clerk
Staffmark Metuchen, NJ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Staffmark has great temp-hire full time opportunity if you're looking to work with products for the pharma, biopharma, healthcare and environmental markets. Our client is hiring two (2) Warehouse associate/ Shipping clerk for their facility in Metuchen, NJ
Summary of Position: Packing and shipping hazardous materials following all shipping requirements while meeting customer expectations. Filling, sealing, and labeling all chemical products according to process requirements.
- Accurate packing of customer orders.
- Pack large, multiple order assignments for international customers and distributors.
- Knowledge and use of FedEx and UPS shipping programs to process shipments.
- Knowledge and accurate use of various customer-specific requirements.
- Use of Hazardous materials/Dangerous Goods software and special service websites to prepare shipping documents (Certifications/Shipper’s Export Declarations)
- Use of Microsoft Word to print labels and documents and to review operating procedures and work instructions.
- Clean and organize work station daily.
- Serve as back up for other Shipping employees’ functions.
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Minimum High School diploma
- 2+ experience in shipping/receiving (preferred)
- Ability to read, understand, and carry out detailed written or verbal instructions
- Basic math
- Ability to use standard hand tools
- Ability to climb 10 ft ladders, move packages of up to 50 lbs. on a daily basis
- Good interpersonal and communication skills essential
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Outlook
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:30- 5:00pm
Pay rate: $17 per hour
Staffmark is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Staffmark is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
StaffmarkWhy Work Here?
As your job search partner, we can connect you with career opportunities at great companies that match your skills and experience.
Let’s find your next job – together. Whether you’re looking for temporary work or a direct-hire job, Staffmark will connect you to an opportunity that closely matches your interests and skills. Staffmark is a proud member of Staffmark Group, an award-winning family of staffing brands with a national network of 450+ offices. We connect over 250,000 people to jobs each year, and we’re ready to put this expertise to work for you! Learn more at www.staffmark.com.
Transportation and Storage