Transition Manager (VP-Director)
The Transition Manager (TM) oversees all aspects of assigned projects using planning, monitoring and controlling processes. The TM is responsible for coordination and completion of the projects and performs a variety of tasks including setting deadlines, assigning responsibilities, and monitoring and summarizing progress of the project. The Lead TM will be responsible to manage projects and transition through the organization, utilizing methodologies already established, such as Process Migration Methodology (PMM) and Serena. This role will be the primary point of contact as well as overseeing all aspects of the project utilizing the established PMO processes.
Works with external clients/customers to monitors projects from initiation through delivery and ensures technical compatibility for the various accounts. Organizes the interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget constraints.
- Responsible for the delivery and execution of portfolio of or highly complex detailed projects with high risk and may be dedicated to major accounts as post-sales contact
- Responsible for the development of a program implementation plan that articulates the role as well as vendors and client resources, in the delivery of the designed solution within the account Has a thorough understanding of the business objective. Establishes program governance
- Oversees projects in his/her portfolio and leads project managers to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget and to satisfaction of the customer, Account leadership Provides support, assistance and overall responsibility for the profitability of the project portfolio Evaluates the impact of change requests on overall customer satisfaction, profitability and business potential Accountable for compliance to revenue recognition rules and policies Oversees delivery Quality Assurance
- Ensures that for any existing or potential customer escalation issues, appropriate communications are occurring to all concerned parties; proactively manages customer relationship, oversees the escalations
- Point of contact for all executive/management communication Ensures a strong and seamless relationship by maintaining communications about the project portfolio and all the initiatives to all the stakeholders: customers, management, sales and delivery
- Articulates the full value of the Solutions and Services business benefit to the customer Identifies potential future opportunities at the customers' and communicates to sales as appropriate Leads team of project managers; provide project management, leadership and oversight to project and/or work streams
- Acts as role model, provides feedback and coaching Stays abreast of current industry trends and new technology through professional associations, trade journals, networking, and associated training and seminars
- Complete and maintain industry recognized project management certification Complete quarterly accreditations Responsible for review of proposals that address high levels of complexity and risk and address current and evolving client requirements
- May actively contribute to the account planning process with short notice up to 30% of time
- Project Management: 7 years (Required)
- Business Process Outsourcing: 5 years (Preferred)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) (Preferred)