Sr. Research Associate
Staffmark Menlo Park, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Staffmark is partnered with an international Fortune 500 integrated communications company that is looking for a full time Research Associate for their Menlo Park office. This organization provides marketing and business communications, commercial printing, and related services. Below is the job description. Take a look and let me know if it piques your interest. Thanks!
Senior Research Associate
The Senior Research Associate position was created for individuals who are interested in enhancing their knowledge set and working in a fast paced environment. The Senior Research Associate's primary responsibility is to utilize centralized research resources/databases to provide research in support of the firm’s Investment Banking division and other departments. The Senior Research Associate will work on research projects and ad hoc global projects. Working alongside a group of Investment Bankers grants the Research Associate constant exposure to a ‘behind the scenes’ perspective on the investment banking industry. The position will cover Retail, Consumer, Healthcare, Special Situations and Macroeconomic Research. The ideal candidate will have done work of a similar nature in the past and have experience.
- Provide value-added, consistently accurate, targeted and timely third-party research on industries and markets to support strategic financial decisions
- Manage complex research projects through the delegation of non-core and non-sensitive transactional tasks to alternative resources
- Knowledge management: utilization of tools including Jive, Microsoft SharePoint and email forums to store and access information efficiently
- Develop and maintain internal and external network of industry contacts
- Engage with colleagues on a global and regional basis to effectively implement strategy
- Coordinate with colleagues and management to understand the overall global strategy and leverage expertise
- Identify and leverage opportunities to support information gathering and processing needs of clients through new or existing service lines
- Accurately record resource and time utilization metrics as well as tracking and reporting of team metrics and performance indicators
- Maintain a heightened awareness of compliance and client confidentiality obligations
- Advise client business units on the cost of information in order to assist in managing research spend
- Training, mentoring and developing teammates and client base
- Possess strong knowledge and understanding of secondary research and sources for quantitative and qualitative industry information; within economics, retail, and/or healthcare sectors a plus
- Industry secondary research experience at a financial services, market research, corporate / research libraries, consulting or professional services firms
- Aptitude and enthusiasm to collaborate with Global / virtual teams to deliver comprehensive client solutions
- Strong work ethic, proactive, enthusiastic attitude, and eager team contributor who consistently seeks and has a proven record of delivering results beyond expectations
- Flexible approach to duties and hours of work
- Strong IT skills including MS Office; New technology IT skill an advantage (Web 2.0, Skype, Zoom, etc.)
- Strong client-focused interpersonal, communication and relationship management skills
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills in English, including the ability to lead meetings with clients and senior Firm personnel and deliver persuasive presentations to influence client decisions
- Ability to work effectively with regional and global partners/alliances to deliver comprehensive client solutions
- Effective organizational and project management skills, including the ability to prioritize workload to meet deliverables under pressure and deadlines
- Subject matter expert with the ability to set reasonable expectations and build strong rapport with clients
- Over 2 years of experience in an information management, competitive intelligence or sector research role
- Awareness of and adept use of public information and proficiency with multiple proprietary third-party tools and databases
- Undergraduate degree in Library Sciences, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, or Statistics. MBA, MLS, or CFA (any Level) a plus
- Working with financial services and related organizations including brokerage firms, consulting agencies, third party research outfits, investment banks, market research companies, private equity firms, corporate finance firms, etc.
- Understanding of macroeconomic terminology and financial markets
- Exposure to any of the following data sources:
Forrester | IQVIA (formerly IHS Health) | EvaluatePharma | Statista | AC Nielsen | eMarketer | Euromonitor | IBIS World | Fitch Solutions (Business Monitor) | ISI Emerging Markets (EMIS) | SNL Financial | Equity Research | International Monetary Fund (IMF) | WorldBank | Country Statistical Agencies | Industry Associations | Consultants | Google Scholar | PubMed | ScienceDirect | MEDLINE | Scholarly/Trade Journals
Staffmark is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Staffmark is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
StaffmarkWhy Work Here?
As your job search partner, we can connect you with career opportunities at great companies that match your skills and experience.
Let’s find your next job – together. Whether you’re looking for temporary work or a direct-hire job, Staffmark will connect you to an opportunity that closely matches your interests and skills. Staffmark is a proud member of Staffmark Group, an award-winning family of staffing brands with a national network of 450+ offices. We connect over 250,000 people to jobs each year, and we’re ready to put this expertise to work for you! Learn more at www.staffmark.com.
AddressMenlo Park, CA