Staffmark is seeking a Shift Supervisor, a temp-to-hire opportunity in our distribution center in Brisbane, CA USA.
As the Warehouse Supervisor, you are a key part of delivering on our commitments to our customers and our brand partners. You will direct a group of 10-20 warehouse associates, ensuring they are focused on the highest-priority tasks and balanced across processes to maximize efficiency. You will help motivate and develop team members through effective feedback and encouragement. In partnership with Warehouse Managers, you will help surface and resolve issues and coordinate on execution of company projects and initiatives.
- Provide in-day direction to warehouse associates on tasks and priorities
- Ensure associates have the supplies, tools, training and equipment needed
- Monitor and manage attendance and performance
- Model leadership at Trove and maintain our culture in the warehouse
- Address production and team issues where possible, and engage managers where needed
- In coordination with warehouse managers, assign team members to daily tasks, and redirect associates as tasks are completed or as priorities change
- Understand direct reports’ experience, strengths and areas of growth, including training on different processes, partners, and product types
- Provide regular feedback (both positive and constructive) to associates on performance, behavior and attendance as needed
- Help motivate associates through setting ambitious but attainable goals for each associate, and giving associates encouragement to reach their goals
- Maximize associate productivity by monitoring team supplies, troubleshooting device issues, and surfacing needs to operations leadership as needed
- Model our values and focus on effective onboarding of new associates to maintain our unique culture
- Partner with training resources to expand each associate’s skill set and ability to work across processes and partners
- Help coordinate associates to execute on Operations projects, tests and initiatives
- Prior retail experience and/or passion for fashion
- Experience managing in an operational or service environment (warehouse, retail, or customer service)
- Experience leading a group of 10+ people
- Proven ability to coordinate many people executing separate, highly detail oriented tasks at once
- Comfortable working in the dynamic, ambiguous environment of a startup operation
- Strong verbal communication skills needed to provide clear direction to your team and share information with warehouse managers
- People-centric leadership style: you lead with humility, empathy, and encouragement rather than rules and authority
- Fluent in providing effective feedback to help associates develop and to address performance issues
- Excited about our mission to reduce waste in the world
Best if you have previous experience in a rapidly-growing startup
Why you’ll love working here:
- Join a tight-knit team taking on a gigantic opportunity
- You’ll have a positive impact on the world while doing your job
- Lead a scrappy, dedicated and flexible team
Help scale our unique operation focused on processing one-of-a-kind items
We are hiring NOW! Job starts IMMEDIATELY
- APPLY now to this post top or bottom of the page
- REPLY to this post with your resume or questions - we will call you
- Direct link: https://jobs.employeeworkplace.com/staffmark/982476
Staffmark offers full benefits - ask me
Jobs near me: Brisbane, CA USA - Take the Bart in!
Staffmark makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, medical condition, age, marital status, national origin, citizen status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran status, denial of medical or family leave, pregnancy or pregnancy disability leave or any other protected group status as defined by federal, state or local law. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application or interviewing process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Staffmark is an E-verify employer.
For more than 40 years, Staffmark has been successfully finding people work and companies people. Our team of passionate performers is available to start helping you today. Contact the Staffmark location nearest you for more information on how we can partner with you to help you achieve your goals.
Best in Staffing