Staffmark has a great opportunity with a premier manufacturing company in Bentonville AR that has an opening for a Plant ManagerThe role of the Plant Manager is responsible for the effective management of the DC Operations at the Bentonville Distribution Center including all warehousing functions related to order fulfillment. Responsible for timely and accurate shipping to our customers (internal & external). Direct and Indirect supervision of staff.
Successful candidates must have minimum 8 years manufacturing experience with an emphasis in supervisory experience with a great track record for being a good people manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepares budgets and manages P&L Statement for assigned accounts keeping expenses within budgets.
• Plans and manages product distribution activities to achieve company goals.
• Develops continuous improvement initiatives and share best practices with team members.
• Identifies appropriate resources and assign workload and schedules to them.
• Manages daily distribution operations and provides hands-on assistance whenever needed.
• Provides outstanding internal and external customer services and ensure customer satisfaction.
• Analyzes existing systems and develops continuous improvement initiatives to include best practices with team members
• Organizes the layout of the building for optimal efficiency including building maintenance
• Responsible for the management of timely and accurate shipping to our customers (internal & external)
• Responsible for the management of unloading and processing inbound shipments from our domestic and international facilities
• Manages labor force: Recruits, Hires, Trains, Disciplines, Assesses, and provides constant feedback and leadership to entire team making recommendations for Temp and RFT labor as needed.
• Establishes effective relationships with team member to promote unity and teamwork
• Responsible for Customer Pickup area that services internal and external customers.
• Works collaboratively with cross functional teams to forecast work load
• Upholds Outdoor Cap's values of acting with integrity; working together as a team; treating each other with respect.
Skills and Competencies
• Strong leadership, project management, problem solving and business acumen skills.
• Superior time management and multi-tasking skills to operate in fast paced environment; highly motivated, strong work ethic with demonstrated flexibility to meet tight deadlines
• Has a keen eye for detail, safety and quality control
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Creative and critical thinker, able to lead and influence Teammates.
• Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships at all levels of the organization. Can function well in a collaborative, team-based environment
• Advocates and uses ethical business practices at all times
• Demonstrated proficiency with MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and WMS systems
Willing to be trained and certified on various lifts: forklift, reach truck, stock picker, etc.
Education and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or institution.
• 8+ years of supervisory experience in warehouse or manufacturing operations.
• Prior P&L experience.
• Must be able to sit at a computer as well as stand and/or walk as needed throughout the day. May occasionally reach, bend and move inside the facility and office areas.
• Fine motor skills: occasionally required using the wrists, hands, and fingers to hoop and inspect product
• Vision: Required to have close visual acuity, color vision and depth perception• Ability to lift/move/pull 10-50 lbs. occasionally throughout
Staffmark makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, medical condition, age, marital status, national origin, citizen status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran status, denial of medical or family leave, pregnancy or pregnancy disability leave or any other protected group status as defined by federal, state or local law. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application or interviewing process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Staffmark is an E-verify employer.