Mechanical Engineer - Hours 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Up to $32 hr (exempt position)
Interpret complex engineering specifications and apply those specification in the design of components and sub-assemblies using sound design principles, creative and independent judgment, and generate accurate detailed drawings and BOM's. Use of SolidEdge and AutoCAD software. Develops layout concepts. Perform basic engineering calculations, hardware sizing (motor, gearbox, cylinders, etc) for custom converyors, ovens, fryers for the food industry. BS degree in Mechanical Engineering. Strong mechanical engineering experience. Bilingual Spanish is a plus.
The Mechanical Engineer works under the general supervision of the Engineering Manager. The Mechanical Engineer must be able to interpret complex engineering specifications and apply those specifications to the design of components and sub-assemblies using sound design principles, creative and independent judgment, and generate accurate detailed drawings and BOMs. These drawings and documents will be generated using SolidEdge and AutoCAD and completed in a manner consistent with company's standards, policy and procedure. Must be able to develop documentation and collaborate with Controls Engineering as required to develop machine control systems.
Essential Job Duties
- Use SolidEdge and AutoCAD software to generate mechanical drawings and BOMs
- Develop layout concepts
- Perform basic engineering calculations, hardware sizing (motor, gearbox, cylinders, etc) for custom conveyors, ovens, fryers and other material handling equipment for the tortilla food industry to enable the equipment to work properly
- Complete checklists ensuring equipment complies to specifications
- Write technical manuals for new equipment
- Assists in preparation and prepares mechanical drawings and prepares Bill of Material and submits to Sales/Production Planning/Manufacturing/Customer Service/Purchasing
- Correct mechanical drawings using SolidEdge and AutoCAD cad software
- Perform other related duties as assigned by manager
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or closely related field or an Associate's degree or completion of industrial technical school or a training program or a combination of education and experience to perform the required essential job duties
- Strong mechanical engineering experience with plant lines within the food processing industry
- Mechanical project experience a must. To include system design and fabrication management, design development with customer interaction, resource allocation, timeline and cost tracking
- Assume all mechanical engineering responsibilities per project with guidance from senior personnel. Mechanical engineer to take project ownership
- Work with team members to develop layout concepts
- Mechanical engineering background at the system design level
- Able to perform basic engineering calculations, hardware sizing (motor, gearbox, cylinders, etc)
- Experience with food transfer and processing equipment design
- Strong mechanical aptitude and extensive understanding of mechanical design concepts
- Demonstrated problem solving skills. Mind set for creating and improving processes and designs
- Strong initiative. Get the job done
- Able to work with minimal supervision but requires detailed follow up and reporting to upper
management to keep the project team well informed
- Experience with Hygienic design criteria as related to food processing equipment
- Food processing plant layout a plus
- Strong SolidEdge/AutoCAD experience
- Experience with MS Project a plus
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus
- Proficient using a computer including, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to adhere to ethical principles that reflect the highest standards of organizational and individual behavior and comply with all laws and regulations
- Possess effective organization and time management skills, be detail oriented, use good judgment, and
manage competing priorities for multiple projects and consistently meet all deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and foster cooperative relationships and credibility at all levels of the organization
- Domestic and international travel: occasionally
- Valid California Driver License required and acceptable driver record
Staffmark is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Staffmark is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Why Work Here?Let’s find your next job – together. Whether you’re looking for temporary work or a direct-hire job, Staffmark will connect you to an opportunity that closely matches your interests and skills. Staffmark is a proud member of Staffmark Group, an award-winning family of staffing brands with a national network of 450+ offices. We connect over 250,000 people to jobs each year, and we’re ready to put this expertise to work for you! Learn more at www.staffmark.com.
As your job search partner, we can connect you with career opportunities at great companies that match your skills and experience.