Staffmark East Granby, CT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Manufacturing Planner / Scheduler - 1st Shift
The Scheduler/Planner is responsible for planning and prioritizing jobs to ensure maximum performance and minimal delay. This position also requires a blend of skills and experience that are specifically focused on managing the work flow process from the sales order, to production, to shipping in order to meet our customer demand and service levels
- Participates with manufacturing in daily/weekly meetings to ensure scheduling and manufacturing activities are being met as planned.
- Plans, schedules, and releases production, work orders.
- Assists leadership team with managing constraints and the utilization of resources and overtime.
- Works with operations to provide timely feedback regarding all requested schedule changes.
- Establishes a working line of communication with all company functions.
- Communicates when demand cannot be met and recommends alternatives methods to satisfy customer demands.
- Interacts with customer service to ensure accurate lead times
- Contributes to lean manufacturing initiatives
- Locates and expedites critical components and materials as needed to meet production demands.
- Ability to conduct annual inventory.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support operations of the East Granby Facility.
- At least 10 years’ experience in a warehouse or manufacturing environment performing planning and scheduling functions.
- Must have proficiency in an ERP system, Oracle preferred.
- Understanding of POURS (Point of Use Replenishment System) or Kan Ban to ensure zero material shortages.
- Must possess a strong customer service orientation and provide dedicated support of internal customer requirements.
- Must be organized, possess time management skills, and be able to manage changing priorities.
- Manufacturing processes knowledge desired
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suites, Word, Outlook, Xcel
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles
- Knowledge of wire and cable manufacturing process
- Experience using Oracle
- Team focused and oriented
- Displays and represents the organization with respect and professionalism
For immediate consideration, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Staffmark is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Staffmark is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
StaffmarkWhy Work Here?
As your job search partner, we can connect you with career opportunities at great companies that match your skills and experience.
Let’s find your next job – together. Whether you’re looking for temporary work or a direct-hire job, Staffmark will connect you to an opportunity that closely matches your interests and skills. Staffmark is a proud member of Staffmark Group, an award-winning family of staffing brands with a national network of 450+ offices. We connect over 250,000 people to jobs each year, and we’re ready to put this expertise to work for you! Learn more at www.staffmark.com.
AddressEast Granby, CT