The Insurance Specialist will review, verify and process orders in the pharmacy management system work queue. The Insurance Specialist will serve as a resource to patients, dialysis facility personnel and other employees for insurance coverage and pharmacy benefit related issues.
The Insurance Specialist will have medical and or pharmacy insurance claims experience. Ideally candidates who have been a pharmacy technician /retail pharmacy exp. are preferred. The Insurance Specialist will assist patients with understanding their pharmacy benefits and available resources. They will educate patients regarding availability of alternative insurance options, such as providing Medicare part D assistance and education.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
Candidate MUST have medical and/or pharmacy insurance claims experience.
- 1 - 2 years’ pharmacy claims experience.
- Excellent customer service, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Understands the importance of, and demonstrates a customer service philosophy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Detail oriented with the ability to enter information accurately on paper and into a database system.
- Proficient with PCs and Microsoft Office applications.
- Develops a working knowledge of pharmacy dispensing regulations, pharmacy data systems, and pharmacy billing practices
- Develops a working knowledge of standard medical abbreviations and medical terminology.
- High School Diploma required
- Prior courses in insurance billing and data processing preferred.
- Pharmacy Technician Certification preferred.
Hours: 9:30 AM-6 PM M-F, training will be 2 wks. During training hours will be 8-4:30 PM. and then they will be moved to the shift that the person they are shadowing is working. That would be anywhere between 7:00am and 9:30am. Once trained, they will be moved to the 9:30am-6:00pm shift
Salary: $16.50-$17 hr. Dep. on exp.
Staffmark makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, medical condition, age, marital status, national origin, citizen status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran status, denial of medical or family leave, pregnancy or pregnancy disability leave or any other protected group status as defined by federal, state or local law. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application or interviewing process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Staffmark is an E-verify employer.