This position is designated as safety/security sensitive and is subject to pre-employment, reasonable suspicion and random drug and alcohol screening.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Human Resource Assistant will perform administrative tasks and services to support effective and efficient operations of the organization's human resource department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintains a basic understanding of employment regulations.
2. Supports HR by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable federal, state and local law and regulation, as well as organizational policy and procedure.
3. Responsible for scanning and filling all employee files.
4. Assists with quarterly HR Audits including the I-9 and personnel file audits.
5. Assists HR Manager with building Job Descriptions by utilizing the DBSquared system.
6. Assists in responding to audits conducted by federal and state agencies, including preparation of responses and coordination with agency representatives, business entities, and external legal counsel.
7. Assists in the implementation of HR initiatives and projects as assigned.
8. Handles day to day communication for matters related to employment verification.
9. Assists with sending out mailings required to comply with ERISA, the retirement plans, etc.
10. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school or GED, plus specialized schooling and/or on the job education in a specific skill area; e.g. data processing, clerical/administrative, equipment operation, etc, plus 12 to 18 months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, general public and other employees of the organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED
Intermediate: Human Resources Systems, Payroll Systems Basic: 10-Key, Accounting, Alphanumeric Data Entry, Database, Presentation/PowerPoint, Spreadsheet, Word Processing/Typing
Staffmark is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Staffmark is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Why Work Here?Let’s find your next job – together. Whether you’re looking for temporary work or a direct-hire job, Staffmark will connect you to an opportunity that closely matches your interests and skills. Staffmark is a proud member of Staffmark Group, an award-winning family of staffing brands with a national network of 450+ offices. We connect over 250,000 people to jobs each year, and we’re ready to put this expertise to work for you! Learn more at www.staffmark.com.
As your job search partner, we can connect you with career opportunities at great companies that match your skills and experience.