Credit & Collections Specialist
Staffmark Cincinnati, OH
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This position is responsible for evaluating client credit inquires and performing necessary collection activities in accordance with the Credit Policy and established company and department policies and procedures
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.1
- Initiate timely collection calls to clients regarding payment of past due invoices as outlined in the Credit Policy and departmental policies and procedures. Interact with customers to evaluate and assess AR-related situations. Contacts can include all levels within customer's company, including Chief Officers.
- Evaluates and determines best methods to reinforce and maintain good customer relations. Investigates and resolves AR-related issues and informs appropriate parties of problems and opportunities.
- Establish credit limits and approvals through Dun & Bradstreet Decision Maker tool for new, prospect, and existing customers as outlined in the Credit Policy and Departmental policies, and within decision deadlines.
- Evaluate client account payment trends, reevaluate year-old credit limits, review past due issues, and review credit limit breaches by utilizing company aging reports and Dun & Bradstreet credit data to identify potential credit issues.
- Clarify for clients' AP and hiring manager's specific concerns regarding account status and the need to resolve past due balances within payment terms.
- Monitor and analyze customer payments, billing, and deductions to determine if problem patterns are evident and take appropriate steps to resolve. Reconcile all pertinent information to evaluate and decide next steps.
- Send e-mails or write business correspondence to customers and field personnel to address credit and collection issues. Investigate, resolve, and document the resolution as appropriate.
- Prepare for and participate on AR Conference Calls with all levels of management.
- Evaluate assigned customer accounts and report high-risk/high dollar findings or high-risk credit situations along with recommendations to the Department Management Team.
- Prepare Invoice Corrections, Adjustments, and Bad Debt Write-Offs as appropriate.
- Advise department management of potential credit or collection issues impacting the company.
- Prepare credit reviews for credit decisions that require management-level approval.
- Communicate credit decisions to applicable parties, and document credit evaluation results in credit files and AR systems.
- Responsible for adhering to all appropriate compliance processes and procedures.
- Perform miscellaneous duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ethical Conduct
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work well within a team and assist others
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong skills in the use of Microsoft Office products (Word and Excel)
- An ability to effectively prioritize goals and tasks successfully in a multi-task environment
This job operates in a professional office environment or remotely. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, copiers, scanners, phones, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to sit or stand at a desk indoors for the majority of the day; and is occasionally required to climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position: Monday through Friday, regular business hours. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Staffmark Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard for race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected categories.
StaffmarkWhy Work Here?
As your job search partner, we can connect you with career opportunities at great companies that match your skills and experience.
Let’s find your next job – together. Whether you’re looking for temporary work or a direct-hire job, Staffmark will connect you to an opportunity that closely matches your interests and skills. Staffmark is a proud member of Staffmark Group, an award-winning family of staffing brands with a national network of 450+ offices. We connect over 250,000 people to jobs each year, and we’re ready to put this expertise to work for you! Learn more at www.staffmark.com.
Finance and Insurance