Controls Engineer 3rd Shift
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and implement electrical processes used to manage plant manufacturing operations
- Specify equipment, gauging and tooling and co-ordinate procurement for new processes
or modification of existing operations.
- Support production through interfacing with manufacturing group
- Provide technical support to Maintenance
- Interact with Product Engineering and New/Major engineers for new product processing.
- Estimate new engineering change/project investment
- Layout planning for machinery, robot work cells, etc.
- GMS implementation as related to controls engineering within areas of responsibility
Skills and Abilities:
- High level of analytical ability where problems are unusual and difficult.
- Oral and written communications skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
- Thorough knowledge of AutoCad
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Knowledgeable of high/low voltage equipment/machinery
- Knowledge of PLC ladder logic, servo controls, and motion controls (Omron/Siemens)
- Knowledge of NC controls, TP programming, and PMC ladder (Fanuc)
- Knowledge of data acquisition such as Kepware/Cimplicity.
- Knowledge of Cognex vision systems
see detailed job description