Staffmark has partnered with a premier manufacturing facility in Rogers AR that currently has an opening for a Controller. Successful candidates will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting as well a minimum 4 years of experience as a Controller.
The Controller’s primary responsibility is the management of the Company’s accounting operations, including preparation, review, and distribution of Monthly, Quarterly, and Yearly Financial Statements, Financial and Operational Forecasts and Budgets, and communication of all high-level financial information to the Owner, Management, and other Stakeholders as necessary.
- Supervises two Accounting Specialists (AR and AP Focus).
- Plans, directs and coordinates all accounting operational functions.
- Coordinates with the CEO to manage the Company’s budgeting process.
- On a monthly basis, reviews and reconciles general ledger accounts to ensure that these are accurate and explainable, and in compliance with GAAP.
- Coordinates any material routine or exceptional adjustments with the Owner, Accounting Specialists, and other members of Management and Stakeholders as needed.
- Prepares and reviews a monthly Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and Statement of Cash Flows, and submits to the owner and other Stakeholders as needed.
- Prepares and presents financial analysis on trends, projections, and other items as needed by the Owner, Management, and other Stakeholders.
- Participates in and assists in coordinating Financial Audits.
- Reconciles cash accounts daily, and provides frequent operational and financial cash forecasts, and maintains ongoing relationship with banking staff.
- Maintains sufficient knowledge to perform Accounting Specialist (AR and AP Focus) duties and provides / coordinates additional training to Accounting Specialists and self, as needed to allow continual growth and value to the company.
- Develops and monitors business performance metrics.
Assesses current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes.
- Acts as either Primary or Secondary, as needed by the company, in the following tasks: Systems Software Administrator, Payroll Processor, Inventory Management, and other fills as needed to ensure real-time financial information remains up to date and accurate, and in accordance with the fundamental principles of accounting.
- Additional tasks as requested by the Company.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn and train others in the Company’s ERP Software use (Ability 585).
- Excellent mathematical, analytical, and communication skills.
- Mastery of Excel, and other Software programs as needed.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles; Double-Entry, Accrual and Cash Accounting.
Education and Experience:
- Recommended minimum 4 years of experience as a Controller, Accounting Manager, or related internal experience, and/or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a related field and demonstrated ability to perform the needed functions.
- Minimum 2 years of experience supervising at least 1 direct report.
Staffmark makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, medical condition, age, marital status, national origin, citizen status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran status, denial of medical or family leave, pregnancy or pregnancy disability leave or any other protected group status as defined by federal, state or local law. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application or interviewing process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Staffmark is an E-verify employer.