Clerical/ Office Admin
Staffmark York, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Answer incoming calls and transfer as necessary
• Take and deliver messages
• Handle customer, student, and instructor inquiries
• Interact with visitors, vendors, instructors, and students
• Receive and distribute mail; respond to email inquiries for problems, rentals, and facility usage requests
• Prepare invoices for payment, put incoming payments with invoices, send out late fee warnings as needed, add late fees as warranted. Update the invoice unpaid/paid part of webpage per customer/station.
• Use invoicing program. Add/edit customer information as needed. Add/edit prices as needed. Accept credit card payments over the phone.
• Check incoming student registrations for errors and add to class roster.
• Maintain class related data and records and class folders which include saved registration and waitlist emails, emailed withdraw requests, and any other email correspondence per class.
• Track attendance with class rosters and attendance sheets per date of class. Send an invoice if a student misses more than 20% of the class, is a late withdraw, or if they fail to show up.
• Keep classrooms, kitchen area, and bathrooms clean and presentable. Set-up and tear down of classroom tables/chairs as needed.
• Update computers regularly. Be familiar with how to use the audiovisual equipment in the classrooms and troubleshoot if an instructor has issues.
• Provide instructor support as needed (such as computer set-up, making copies, emailing students, etc.).
• Keep track of stations with subscriptions for billing purposes and send out new subscriptions on a yearly basis.
• Assist the Administrator with setting up classes and schedules for the upcoming year by completing the ETA requests, adding the dates to the work calendar, creating file folders per class, and verifying the area of usage per class date (classroom or practical usage). Creating and setting up Con-Ed classes for those that can earn it (emergency driving, Hazmat classes, etc.)
• Other duties as assigned by Administrator or Board of Governors
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Must pass a criminal history background check and Pennsylvania child abuse history
• Maintain valid driver’s license for class of vehicle operated
• Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, in the English language
• Ability to plan and execute work with independent judgment
• Demonstrate strong organizational skills and prioritize work accordingly
• Demonstrate knowledge and skill in a variety of computer programs including Word, Powerpoint, Excel, among others.
• Understand payment methods using the current electronic method.
• Ability to interpret policies, procedures, regulations, and guidelines
• Ability to operate a wide variety of office equipment
• Knowledge of administrative management principles and methods
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
• Possession of or ability to obtain and maintain a valid Pennsylvania motor vehicle driver’s license
• High School graduate or GED
• Post high school training in business, public administration or related field preferred.
• Minimum of two years of clerical or administrative experience
• A combination of education and experience may be considered
Staffmark is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Staffmark is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
StaffmarkWhy Work Here?
Their firm is ranked on FORTUNE’s List of 100 Best Companies to Work For and voted as a Best Place to Work in numerous other cities.
Let’s find your next job – together. Whether you’re looking for temporary work or a direct-hire job, Staffmark will connect you to an opportunity that closely matches your interests and skills. Staffmark is a proud member of Staffmark Group, an award-winning family of staffing brands with a national network of 450+ offices. We connect over 250,000 people to jobs each year, and we’re ready to put this expertise to work for you! Learn more at www.staffmark.com.