CNC Machine Operator
Staffmark Greendale, IN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Operate the CNC laser cutting machine and support the production team by assembling parts, and operating machinery as instructed by supervisor.
Key tasks and Responsibilities
- Set up and operate the CNC CO2 Laser (Cincinnati CL840 4000Watt Laser)
- Understands machine setup including program retrieval, proper gases, proper nozzles, Lenses etc.
- Understands start-up and shut down for laser
- Operate overhead cranes, tape measure, calipers, and hand tools.
- Can perform laser cutting operations efficiently and effectively, per specifications.
- Operates and navigates in a windows-based computer environment.
- Can program nesting software to maximize product/material usage
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Perform operator maintenance
- Perform material handling functions, including loading material for job runs.
- Measure completed work pieces to verify conformance
- Read work orders to determine specifications, such as materials to be used, locations of cutting lines, or dimensions and tolerances.
- Requires 1-2 years of CNC Laser experience in a sheet metal manufacturing environment
- Understanding of flat print drawings is desired
- Forklift experience
- Must be able to lift 70+ lbs., stand on feet for 8 or more hours, work in hot environment, must have own transportation
- Must be an independent worker who can be given tasks to complete without constant supervision after initial training
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1-3 years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Good attendance
- Ability to use basic math to analyze information and measuring equipment
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work safely and efficiently
- Ability to work with close tolerances
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow instruction and written processes
- Additional courses in CNC set-up and operation
Pay based on experience.
Hours / Benefits:
- 2nd Shift Hours: M-F 4:00pm – 12:30am (occasional overtime)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, ST & LT Disability and Life Insurance after 60 days; Quarterly Profit Sharing, Simple IRA with Company Match, FSA and Paid Vacation.
Staffmark is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Staffmark is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
StaffmarkWhy Work Here?
As your job search partner, we can connect you with career opportunities at great companies that match your skills and experience.
Let’s find your next job – together. Whether you’re looking for temporary work or a direct-hire job, Staffmark will connect you to an opportunity that closely matches your interests and skills. Staffmark is a proud member of Staffmark Group, an award-winning family of staffing brands with a national network of 450+ offices. We connect over 250,000 people to jobs each year, and we’re ready to put this expertise to work for you! Learn more at www.staffmark.com.